Mossberg 500 build

Looking to keep the forward QD mount and Hogue forend while adding a WML. Problem maybe the lack of space for barrel/tube clamp mounting (I’m not familiar with what’s available)

Only solution I found was a GGG mount that would require me to switch to an HK hook for the sling while allowing a short picatinny rail for light.
0b86b01de71e2be0f42690ac71418e4b.jpg

My pride and joy 500 breacher:
Magpul SGA
Hogue Overmold rubber forend
Scalar Works Sync
Trijicon SRO
Jagerwerks BROS
DaveModz cerekote
NDZ enhanced metal safety
52591602b763eb9ffdfa62936cf13297.jpg

Lutz501

Amateur
If you're dead set on keeping the hogue forend it will be tough to find something that will work. Most if not all of the successful light set ups I have seen and used have the light mounted on the forend. Mounting the light on the barrel or magtube make getting to the switch a little more complicated and make the use of a tape switch pretty much out of the question. I know a few guys have had good luck with the streamlight racker forend. I personally love the magpul forend to match your stock. Mounting lights and switches to that is real easy.

You could certainly try to find on of the smaller pic rail attachments that slip under the barrel screw and then remove whatever portions would interfere with your QD attachment. Is there a particular light you want to use that requires it be mounted up front? There are a few other threads where we have discussed light mounting options for shottys in depth.

While I only have the 6 shell tube, I assumed most barrel mounts wouldn’t be an option. Just wanted to see if anyone else had better google-fu skills.
b0a2cf4b2591337a1dd578127bfb13fb.jpg

I really like the hogue forend. It’s soft and supple for my dainty hands that pour sweat under stress. I’ve had this for many years, I’m not ready to abandon it for Magpul just yet.

I had the GG&G flashlight/sling combo mount, it felt flimsy and bent and flexed easily. Didnt use it for more than a few hours of range time, it did not inspire confidence.

I now have an LED modded 6p attached to the magpul forend, and a side sling plate mounted to the front.

shoobe01

Established
The GG&G mounts are generally solid and they make several configurations but I never abused one of the light ones.

I have always been sad they don't make more though. Their lower profile sling loop (alone) is on two 590s in the cage right now and I have run them well for years, but why they don't have one of those with a light below or on the opposite side, I'll never understand.

Do not recall barrel mounts, but there are plenty of mag tube mounts I have one... with no name I can recall, but with that long forearm I think it wouldn't fit anyway.

For truly out of the way, with your barrel-longer-than-magtube, the Steiner may be a slick way to mount a light. And they finally upped them to reasonably useful output:
https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/mk7-battle-light

The GG&G mounts are generally solid and they make several configurations but I never abused one of the light ones.

I have always been sad they don't make more though. Their lower profile sling loop (alone) is on two 590s in the cage right now and I have run them well for years, but why they don't have one of those with a light below or on the opposite side, I'll never understand.

Do not recall barrel mounts, but there are plenty of mag tube mounts I have one... with no name I can recall, but with that long forearm I think it wouldn't fit anyway.

For truly out of the way, with your barrel-longer-than-magtube, the Steiner may be a slick way to mount a light. And they finally upped them to reasonably useful output:
https://www.steiner-optics.com/laser-devices/mk7-battle-light

Thanks for everyone’s input so far. Maybe I can give the GG&G combo a whirl just to see for myself. Seems like slim pickings

Steiner maybe hard to source.

Easiest solution may very well be to go with magpul to accommodate the breacher barrel and lack of space for other mounts.