Mag Wells and Mag Extensions for G19

Darth Tater

I'm building a new G19. It's the first handgun I've put a magwell on outside of my competition G34.

What mag extensions are good to go with the ZEV Pro magwell?

I have a bunch of TTI extensions on G17 mags to use with my 34. It works great, but TTI extensions don't seem to work on G19 mags.

What's working for you guys?

N

nate89

Try the +4 Taren basepad on G19 mags. They are build for the 19, and has the advantage of being shorter (slightly) than a stock g17 mag, while holding more ammo (due to the removal of the baseplate).

N

nate89

I have a few 17 and 15 round Magpuls, but the only extended ones I have personal experience with are the ETS 22 rounders. They worked very well, and I imagine the Magpul offerings are even better. I do like the TT +4 basepad for carry simply because it is shorter than the 21-22 round limited mags, and still gets you additional rounds. I am assuming that the 19 is a carry gun, as opposed to the 34 the OP mentioned as a competition gun. I would carry a 21 round magpul as a backup mag for sure, but not as the mag in the gun.

Darth Tater

Why spend extra money and carry extra weight? 21s are 140mm length for limited class too.

This gun isn't a competition gun. This will be a secondary duty gun for when I'm not in uniform (85% of the time) as well as an off-duty gun. I don't care about bulk when it's in a Safariland belt holster, but it will also spend a fair amount of time in a VG3 for appendix carry. A 140mm mag for that just doesn't work...but I want the most rounds I can squeeze into a concealable package.

NickDrak

Amateur
Taran, Dawson, Arredondo, and the new ZEV extendos all fit with the ZEV PRO maxwell.

I also run the 10-8 Performance standard capacity baseplates.
Vickers baseplates won't work.