LW Lvl 4 Standalone Plates for Large BFG LMAC

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I'm needing to get the plate type picked out for a budget 1.5 years out. We will be replacing the plates in our Large BFG LMAC's. Currently its a poor fitting cheap "MaxPro" 10x12 rectangular cut plate. Its less than ideal, but fit the limitations put down by admin during the purchase.

I would like to get plates that MSRP around $350-500 a plate in the sub 8 pound per plate range.

AT Armor

Vendor
I'm needing to get the plate type picked out for a budget 1.5 years out. We will be replacing the plates in our Large BFG LMAC's. Currently its a poor fitting cheap "MaxPro" 10x12 rectangular cut plate. Its less than ideal, but fit the limitations put down by admin during the purchase.

I would like to get plates that MSRP around $350-500 a plate in the sub 8 pound per plate range.

Should be a solution or two for the requirement, only rub will be locking in a quoted price that is 18 months out. Are they (admin/budgeteers) limiting the sizes again? That far out I would guess you will also replace the carriers as a package, that will open the aperture up a bit for how the vendor can price / build the package for you.

Are they hard over on the Level IV requirement? We have seen a lot of movement toward special threat plates in some departments, that really cuts the weight down as well. Many times officers that we work with that get tasked with building a protection package encounter the largest obstacle in the education process of their admin/ budget reps. If that fight isnt won the end users will pay the price for years with ill-fitting, non-optimized setups. Just a thought based on experience. Always willing to assist if you need some insight, give me a shout.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Should be a solution or two for the requirement, only rub will be locking in a quoted price that is 18 months out. Are they (admin/budgeteers) limiting the sizes again? That far out I would guess you will also replace the carriers as a package, that will open the aperture up a bit for how the vendor can price / build the package for you.

Are they hard over on the Level IV requirement? We have seen a lot of movement toward special threat plates in some departments, that really cuts the weight down as well. Many times officers that we work with that get tasked with building a protection package encounter the largest obstacle in the education process of their admin/ budget reps. If that fight isnt won the end users will pay the price for years with ill-fitting, non-optimized setups. Just a thought based on experience. Always willing to assist if you need some insight, give me a shout.

Will be trying to get ahold of you this week. I have a before July 1st delivery need one somethings that I'm thinking you can solve/get me a lead on if nothing else.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
Lol. Yeah guess I need to look around on the "bottom end" of the market more. Those 1,000.00 plates on that page are what I run in my personal PC.

The market has come way down and designs change I guess. I've always seen quality boron carbide plates running between 700-1,200 each.

JDRemf

Amateur
I can understand that, Matt. I'm just putting the link out there with the expectation that the members of this forum are capable of doing their own due diligence. I know a couple of guys who have them and the biggest gripe is weight. From what i understand with certified rifle armor it seems that "lightness" is what costs money.