LCR in .38spl or .22LR

David Mayeur

If you'll listen carefully to the modcast, one of the panelists mentions getting an LCR in .327 magnum, since it is a 6-shot in the same size as a 5-shot .38. I totally agree. I also bought an LCR in .327 a few months ago for the same reason. You'll have to buy your ammo online, but I think it's worth considering.

If you won't consider something in that uncommon a caliber, I'd go with the .22 mag over the lr.

Having tested a .327 Federal Magnum LCR, I can tell you it's not fun to shoot in the least bit. Even tame .327 loads are akin to .357 magnum.

It's a wonderful cartridge, but absolute nightmare in a pocket gun. It takes a lot to control it.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Having tested a .327 Federal Magnum LCR, I can tell you it's not fun to shoot in the least bit. Even tame .327 loads are akin to .357 magnum.

It's a wonderful cartridge, but absolute nightmare in a pocket gun. It takes a lot to control it.

I wouldn't call it a soft shooter by any means, but I wouldn't call it a nightmare. It's not something you shoot a few hundred of in an afternoon to be sure, but far from a nightmare. I don't have a .357 to compare it to, so I have little reference in that regard.

It can also shoot about a half dozen other .32-caliber loads to include .32 ACP (if I remember right, it's semi-rimmed), so practicing with softer rounds is completely doable.

David Mayeur

I wouldn't practice with light loads and carry hot rounds. You should be shooting with carry loads frequently if you want to be proficient and understand the limitations that some loads create. I've shot light loads in the .327 LCR and it feels like a different gun. I saw no benefit to shooting them over the standard .327 loads.