Just purchased a Holosun 507c x2 from gun deals as new and the glass has been glued in shoddily…

Teddysurf

Hi I purchased a Holosun 507c x2 and just received it today. This is my first micro red dot optic and the glass looks like it’s been glued in buy a chimpanzee and I’m worried I purchased a seller refurbished product. Also when you place the unit on a table to test parallax the radical distorts when you move your head side to side and I’m thinking the glass is misaligned somehow? I guess being a Chinese company this is how all of their optics look however I would expect this from a product I purchased on Aliexpress and not from a company that’s trying to be a major player in the optics market. Anyway if anybody who owens one of these could give me their experience I would appreciate. I don’t want to contact the person who sold it to me and make an issue out of it if this is normal.

Attachments

• 939EFD2C-E291-4EB2-98B3-2563C2EC8639.jpeg
    939EFD2C-E291-4EB2-98B3-2563C2EC8639.jpeg
    777.3 KB · Views: 40

Stanislao

Some parallax oddities are normal. What kind of distortion are you getting? The dot should move a bit, and the optic does magnify slightly. But weird changes in color and fun house mirror distortion should not be present.

Are you sure that stuff around the glass is glue? Was the packaging correct?

It is possible that you were sold a counterfeit, QC reject or hack repair. This issue is best avoided by buying from reputable sellers.

Teddysurf

Some parallax oddities are normal. What kind of distortion are you getting? The dot should move a bit, and the optic does magnify slightly. But weird changes in color and fun house mirror distortion should not be present.

Are you sure that stuff around the glass is glue? Was the packaging correct?

It is possible that you were sold a counterfeit, QC reject or hack repair. This issue is best avoided by buying from reputable sellers.
I would say the phrase fun house mirror is pretty accurate to what I’m seeing, mind you it’s not that extreme but it does distort the reticle stretching and squishing it in that fashion. I was going to purchase from a reputable retailer however a friend of mine recommended this site that he found from gun deal and swore up and down that he had really good experiences… The optic came packaged with no cellophane wrapped around the box and all the accessories seem to be there? Side note it didn’t come with a Picatinny rail mount and in the picture on the website and on the box there is no Picatinny rail mount. On the same website there is a more expensive version with a picture of the Picatinny rail mount however the one I purchased off the site is now no longer available and the only one you can purchase on that site is the one with the Picatinny rail mount. I don’t know if holosun sells a variant of the 507C with no Picatinny rail mount? The price of the optic was $245 (which is kind of an usual price)and the one with the Picatinny is marked at $309.99 which is the standard retail price…

I asked this question on Reddit and everybody said it’s normal you should see my Holosun, Trijicon, etc. and then they started being really mean because well, it’s Reddit so I came here. I guess I’ll just email the owner of the site and ask him what I purchased exactly… anyway thank you for your input.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
That sounds like you got a refurbish/used model of some sort. I know Holosun started selling the 508t without the rail mount, but I think the 507 still comes with them. I have a 507c V2 on my PPQ, and I haven't noticed any oddities through the glass or with the dot like you explained. The $309.99 is the typical price for a 507c. They can be purchased for less, but I don't think I've seen a new one go for as low as $245.

I don't have a 507c, but I've made a purchase from Schuyler Arms and had a positive experience so I wouldn't assume you got screwed just based on that.

I have 5 Holosun optics and they all have a slight bit of distortion and the adhesive tends to look a little messier than my RMRs, but nothing that actually causes any issues during use. None of them have been used hard yet though.

Teddysurf

Sight should have shipped on the rail mount. No cellophane is normal if I recall correctly. At this point I'm suspecting that you got screwed.

Contact Holosun's customer service and see about a warranty claim, they're well respected in that regard.
I contacted the owner of the Schuyler Arms site and as he put it “The pitcanny risers are haven’t been included in the 507s for a few months, they stopped bundling them together for some reason. Any place that still has it shown is using old pictures or selling old stock, which is why our picturess don’t have them” however he is selling another variant with a Picatinny rail picture soooo? He did offer to either send me a replacement in 2 to 3 weeks when he gets them in or send me a shipping label and refund my money so he seems like a good seller. anyway thank you for your input on this I do appreciate it.

Teddysurf

I don't have a 507c, but I've made a purchase from Schuyler Arms and had a positive experience so I wouldn't assume you got screwed just based on that.

I have 5 Holosun optics and they all have a slight bit of distortion and the adhesive tends to look a little messier than my RMRs, but nothing that actually causes any issues during use. None of them have been used hard yet though.
I contacted Schuyler arms this morning and the owner of the site was more than helpful he offered to replace it when he gets more in, in 2 to 3 weeks or send me a shipping label and refund my money. So I would agree with you he seems like a good responsible seller and I will be recommending him to others. But I think I’m going to do is just contact Holosun and see what they have to say because I don’t want to financially harm a small business owner for something that’s probably not his fault. Thank you for letting me know about your other micro red dots I appreciate your input.

Teddysurf

That sounds like you got a refurbish/used model of some sort. I know Holosun started selling the 508t without the rail mount, but I think the 507 still comes with them. I have a 507c V2 on my PPQ, and I haven't noticed any oddities through the glass or with the dot like you explained. The $309.99 is the typical price for a 507c. They can be purchased for less, but I don't think I've seen a new one go for as low as $245.
I contacted Schuyler arms this morning and he offered to either replace the optic in 2 to 3 weeks when he gets them in or send me a shipping label and refund my money so he seems to be a pretty good seller. I was skeptical about $245 price point as well and my friend swears up and down that Schuyler arms is legit. To which the guy that runs the site did get right back to me, answered all my questions and offer solutions so I have to agree. He also stated that this was not a refurbished product and that the sight would be covered under the holosun warranty if I wanted to go that route (though he did say hollow sun is backed up and the warranty process would probably take a while right now).

Teddysurf

Also thank you for your input I do appreciate it.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
I contacted Schuyler arms this morning and he offered to either replace the optic in 2 to 3 weeks when he gets them in or send me a shipping label and refund my money so he seems to be a pretty good seller. I was skeptical about $245 price point as well and my friend swears up and down that Schuyler arms is legit. To which the guy that runs the site did get right back to me, answered all my questions and offer solutions so I have to agree. He also stated that this was not a refurbished product and that the sight would be covered under the holosun warranty if I wanted to go that route (though he did say hollow sun is backed up and the warranty process would probably take a while right now).
Glad to hear he's being responsive and seems good to go. Sounds like you'll get taken care of either way. Holosun does have a pretty good reputation for their CS from what I understand.