HSP Flat Pack

Brenton

Iv been thinking of picking up one of the HSP Flat Packs and thought i should see if anyone has one and how they like it. Is it worth the money? I know HSP year is very high quality, but for the size of the pack is it worth the money.

As long as you understand its design as a low profile, light(er) use bag, yes. I rolled with a ATS cobra pack for years when I was still in. I found most bags to be too big for my needs. My only complaint is I use the flatpack as more of a general bag outside the military, and to do that I'd really appreciate proper shoulder straps as an option when hiking or just using it as a day pack. I don't need rucksack shoulder straps, but something similar to what you see on the BFG rack minus. It's very versatile and I appreciate that its not covered in fucking MOLLE.

Brenton

@RadioActivity yeah I'm getting out of the marines soon so i won't be using it really for that and plus BC is a fag and we can't use anything haha. But i was thinking like and everyday use pack. Small day hikes or even school. I like how it doesn't have molle all over it and it doesn't really draw attention. I moving to Utah where its legal to carry on college campuses and i think it would be good cause that reason. The strap thing is the big down side but they do have more padding on the disruptive grey one so. but thanks for you're in put man

GregT

I used it as a daypack for hiking and for keeping a pistol in all last summer. I did like how it could be compacted, but expanded it will tend to sag with too much weight. The expansion zipper on the bottom started to rip out, I just haven't contacted HSP about it. I ended up switching to an actual Gregory daypack for daytripping. I ended up putting on my D3cr and dedicating it to that.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
@Brenton there are way better options for day hikes/school carry. A tactical bag is not what you want for this. Check out what REI has or a Patagonia/The North Face outlet style store.

For a off body carry bag, the VERTX bags have purpose built spots for blasters and such. They also happen to be non tactical in appearance.

Brenton

@Bourneshooter yeah man I have a Patagonia pack and I'm actually a REI member haha I shop there a lot I was just considering it as an option. I also have on of the PDW packs that Technique makes and I really like that one.