How much are you spending on your Active Killer response gear?

How much do you have invested in a each Active Killer response gear options?

• Total voters

Chad H/BC520

Staff member
I have a couple of projects I am working on, and I want to know how much people are spending on gear. For example, someones active shooter bag they bought cost $50, the three magazines minus ammo cost $45, the IFAK cost them $45, etc. Break it down for me please as detailed or as general as you want, and then total it up. This can be active shooter bags, plate carrier setups, chest rig setups, etc. This can be a non-LEO setup you happen to keep with a firearm stored in your vehicle, or a personal LEO setup, an issued setup, or both. I'm looking basically to see what's being spent on the categories of the method to carry the gear (Bag, chest rig, PC with empty pouches), the ammunition management (magazines), the medical gear, and the support gear one puts inside.

I appreciate it guys.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
On Tapatalk so I can't see the poll, but before it was issued:
PC: $200
Plates $300
IFAK with TQ: 100
1 M4 mag $15
1 Glock 22 mag: $22
Hydration pouch/bladder: $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson

Fury
My Active Killer response kit is essentially an upgraded EDC as I'm not LE. I'll plus up if going into known, likely, or suspected danger areas.

Weapons: I may have a larger version of my EDC pistol in a bag or satchel. I may have a pistol PDW. I'd much prefer a rifle over a pistol PDW but concealability is often a factor, one that even trumps terminal effectiveness sometimes.

Extra guns means a New York Reload and/or having the capability to arm a colleague or friend that, for whatever reason, is unarmed.

Ammo: I'll have a few spare magazines for my weapons, typically these are higher capacity. My pistols can take each other's magazines, so Glock 17 magazines with Dawson extenders is the order the day.

Armor: If I'm wearing armor, it's low profile soft armor typically. Concealability and weight considerations. I do need to invest in ultra lightweight LVL IV SA plates.

Medical: I have a couple BTK's set up with Hemostatic Gauze, H&H Mini Compression Bandages, and Fox Chest Seals (due to size considerations) as well as an MBOK I stocked with my personal medical setup. TQ's are also carried either in ankle setups, pockets, and/or in a bag / satchel.

OC / CS: I'll either have CS Grenades or OC Spray - after attending Chuck Haggards class on this subject matter I lean towards OC Spray. OC could come in handy in for dousing an area the shooter(s) holed up in. Given the option of filling someone in that is alert and unphased versus filling someone in crying and choking, I'll prefer to shoot the person who's combat effectiveness is lowered. I don't like playing fair.

I don't know how much money I spent on all this, and I got some of this for free (OC Sprays from Chuck). Class VIII alone is over $200.

A910

A lot of my stuff doubles as "high risk" warrant gear but it was all paid for out of pocket. Doesn't count issued items. Prices are close estimates.

Carry most of my stuff in a$100 assault pack in my trunk.
Carrier - $160
Plates - $600
3 Loaded Rifle Mags + 3 empties - $60
Customized IFAK - $100
Medical Pack (assault pack converted to medical pack with organizer ) - $400

Tracer

Amateur
Carrier- abo $240
plates: abo $650
Helmet w/ironforged earpro- abo$1100
Customized IFAK-abo $60
still needs a few items that work will allow

Grayman

Established
My current assignment means I have a couple different setups:

My daily uniform work:
Soft armor carrier: $200 (Soon to be replaced by a mayflower LPAC so call it $250)
Plates: $600
Rifle Mags: $40 (1 on person 3 on separate chest rig made from spare nylon gear laying around)
Pistol Mags: $80 for the M&P $140 for the CZ (Making the switch in duty gun as we speak)
Med kit: $100+ est. (Depends on whether I grab my go pack or not)
Handheld light: $60
CRKT knife: $20

My someday maybe I'll be cool enough to kick doors setup:
Carrier: $350
Plates: $500
Rifle mags: $130 (3x 30rd on the front 1x surefire 60rd on the back)
Pistol mags: $40 for the M&P $70 for the CZ
Med gear: $100+ est. (Depends on whether I grab my go pack or not)
Multitasker tool: $200
Hydro carrier w/ bladder: $50
Handheld light: $60
Benchmade: $120

Go pack
FS pack: $100
Med gear: $80
Additional restraints: $20 (not including the shitty county issued stuff)
Cold/wet weather gear: $? depends on season
Spare light: $50
Head lamp: $10
Spare batteries: $1 million (Damn those surefire batts are expensive)
Snacks: $priceless!!!

This obviously doesn't include cost of pouches or other ancillary components/attachments. Associated guns account for a lot more$$$$$

I've spent enough on kit to buy myself a new car..... And it never stops changing. It seems like every time I go to another class I break something or see some new piece that will totally change my life and have to go buy it....

Mods can you ensure this thread gets top secret status cuz if my Fiancé ever finds it I'm gonna be single again!

Grayman

Established
Try getting your agency to issue the better part of a case of ammo at every duty exchange.... I still haven't figured out how to bribe the range master that well and I shoot with him every week. Ha ha

I've spent a lot of money on "duty" ammo that didn't come from the agency's supply. Gotta love a county budget

ipdb322

Amateur
First On plate carrier with lvl 4 plates, IFAK, extra mags, Team Wendy Exfil ballistic, rifle with bells and whistles.....in short, a lot of $

ipdb322

Amateur
Tried to edit to give specifics, but timed out.

1. Carrier and plates: $549.98
2. IFAK (Halo seals, SOFTT-Wide TQ, Celox Rapid zfold, zfold gauze, compression bandage, medical tape, shears, NPA and lube, decompression needle, 4" OALES bandages, emergency blanket): probably $100 or thereabouts.
3. Helmet: $962.95 (not including cover, NV mount, light, etc)
4. 2 PMAGS on carrier: $30 (ammo is Federal HST, supplied by department)
5. Rifle (BCM 14.5" ELW fluted, KMR rail, MI flip-up irons, Aimpoint T2 on Larue 1/3 mount, Surefire P3X in HSP Thorntail mount, Gunfighter stock, Gunfighter grip, Ares Armor Amentum sling, BAD-CASS short throw ambi safety, Norgon Ambi-catch, Raptor ambi charging handle): $2700ish?

On the dutybelt, I've upgraded/added things that aren't active killer specific, but certainly helpful:

1. Third pistol mag, and three mag holder: $70?
2. Surefire X300U on duty weapon: $250?
3. Safariland holster (not sure which model, ALS/SLS, holds a Glock 22 with X300U): $130?
4. 640 lumen Streamlight: $160
5. Gerber multitool: $75?
6. SOFTT-Wide in 1110 holder: $60?
7. 2-wire earpiece/mic kit: $130

On the seat, riding shotgun, I also have a dropleg subload. The female fastex rides on my trouser belt:

1. BDS Modular subload panel: $60
2. 3 Pmags in TT single mag pouches: $105
3. IFAK in Mayflower low-vis blowout kit: $99 for the pouch, probably $75 in med supplies

Like I said, a lot.

A910

A910- why 3 empty magazines?

Sorry, I just now saw you posted that.

BourneShooter is correct for the most part. Liability and accountability of ammunition. I have 120 rounds ready if the "right now" issue arose. (more than enough for a vast majority of LE situations). But should the need arise and time permit, I have the ability to double my loadout or mix/exchange rounds quickly. (such as frangible rounds)

This is an issue I've been exploring as of recent. I think we can all agree the idea is get in, get rounds on target ASAP! (Current thinking is engage turd head and most likely you or he will end his life, thus stopping the event.)

With that in mind I've been experimenting with exiting company car, grabbing rifle, opening trunk, extract (plates or bag or chest rig), don said item, reacquire rifle, go to work.

While I have nothing scientific. What I've learned is grabbing a bag vs climbing into a plate carrier was 30-45 seconds difference, on the conservative good side, possibly longer if you strike yourself in the head with the plates. (Don't ask.)

What I've decided on is a light bag. Contents of four rifle mags, three pistol mags, tourniquet, knife, flashlight.

Bag is on order. Will have some pics ASAP.

Total cost?
Bag $50
Ammo $75
Mags $130
Tourniquet $Free (obtained off a bus at a call one night. Gotta love free.)
Knife $35
Flashlight $15

voodoo_man

Established
Depends on the PC requirement - I have two one isn't that expensive ($80) but the other is $250, then we talk about plates, both hard and soft.

medkit is pieced together, h-bandage (israeli), celox, fox chest seals, tape, general bandages, etc will probably run in the $100-$200 range depending on where you find it.

Hell, 3 mags of 77gr OTM aren't exactly cheap either...

Trying to consolidate, so everything is in one pic.

e9699bc865b92d51efaa6ee92cfea615.jpg