handguard profiles

Tracer

Amateur
Can anyone post a pic of a M16A2 handguard next to a KMR rail?

I am looking at profile for a rifle that can duplicate what I have to deal with at work (such as positioning for quals and such), but don't want restriction of just a non-railed handguard of the A2. I will need it to have capability for attachments for other training purposes.

Dave J

Crappy cell phone pic of a 16" carbine with a 13" KMR next to a stock 20" A2. Hope this helps.
bcf22f1266a040b980d489f9ef6a0c05.jpg

Tracer

Amateur
Certainly looks like it would help me out grip wise better then a quad rail, in duplicating grip on the M16A2 handguard. Thank you. You saved me a lot of trouble farther down the line!

Dave J

I really like the KMR, and have a couple more of them on backorder for other guns. But if similarity with the round A2 handguard is your priority, I'd give some consideration to the ALG EMR V2. http://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modular-rail-v2-m-lok.html
It's a little "rounder" than the BCM, and slightly larger in diameter. The BCM KMR is really slim (1.5" flat-to-flat)...the slimness, combined with the full top rail sticking up, makes it feel different to me than a round tube, and makes somewhat of a difference in terms of optimum thumb positioning IMHO. I am not saying that's necessarily a big deal, and am certainly not trying to discourage you from going the KMR route, but the EMR seems like it might be a little closer to your stated objective, FWIW.

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
I have no problems moving from a traditional quad rail to a KMR rail on otherwise identical rifles.

AR15_RMR06_zps6ab033e1.jpg

BCMKeyMod_zpsa598bedd.jpg