Geissele Super Precision vs. NF Unimount...torque-less RTZ T&E, live fire

Unobtanium

Today I tested my Geissele and Nightforce "unimounts". I have two 1-4 NXS FC-2 reticle scopes, each mounted in the respective mounts.

I first tightened the Geissele to 65 inch-lb, and fired 6 shots---1 off target, and 5 in a group.
I then completely loosened the mount, and then tightened it with just my fingers, using my T-shirt to help me better grip the nut. I repeated the 6 shots as above.

I then did this for the Nightforce mounted Nightforce.

I used a front sand-bag, and sat at a bench. The weapon is a 16.1" CHF/CL barreled (factory) DDM4 with DD LITE rail, and Surefire 556-212 muzzle device. A Surefire 556-212 suppressor was installed for this test. Ammunition used was 5.56 "Browntip" as factory loaded for SOCOM (not a clone or handload. My rifle REALLY likes this stuff, along with 75gr Gold Dot, which I was out of.).

Below are the results of my testing. I aimed at the "bullseye" for each group, and did not compensate in any way for rounds impacting off-zero. I used 5-shot groups because if that is statistically insignificant to detect shift, then the shift was insignificant to anything you are going to shoot at within the effective range of the 5.56 caliber, in my OPINION.

nbt44o.jpg

2my40wk.jpg

2nbgbk1.jpg

2ajxlom.jpg

M4C user: Trident82 is to credit for the following:
mount%201-1_zpsrfmb7ux3.jpg

mount%202-1_zpsyn8ql7td.jpg

mount3-3_zpsludgqk7f.jpg

mount%204-4_zpspfwadcvm.jpg.html

mount%204-4_zpspfwadcvm.jpg

group%20s1_zpsipv6cuwx.jpg

group%20s2_zpsox6r3jmd.jpg