G34 ejecting case straight back

MarkinGSO

I have a G34 gen3, milled for a DPP. After adding the DPP most of the empties are ejecting straight back and hitting the DPP, leaving powder residue on glass. I'm using handloads, 5.0 grs CFE Pistol, 124gr Blue Bullet, mixed brass, average velocity is 1050 fps. How do I fix this?

20190601_210355 A.jpg

tylerw02

I would consider replacing the 336 ejector with a 30274 and try going with a 13 lb recoil spring. That should solve your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Are you sure the cases are hitting the glass and it’s not just unburnt powder coming out of the ejection port?

MarkinGSO

Are you sure the cases are hitting the glass and it’s not just unburnt powder coming out of the ejection port?

I can see some of the cases are hitting the top edge of the DPP, when I started to follow the ejected case. I don't think the cases are hitting the glass, that is just powder residue.

Greg "Sully" Sullivan

Too Established
Vendor
VIP
Have you had multiple shooters try this pistol, is so were the results the same? I have seen shooters have the empty casing come straight back and hit them in the forehead consistently, then observed other shooters shoot the same pistol & ammo and the empty casings would eject to the side. When I would watch the shooter that had the casings coming straight back, you could find (to include videoing it) where they were not locking their shooting wrist (as it was loose), which the pistol would recoil straight up & back.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

chrisp2493

Amateur
I’ve noticed a similar issue on my G34, I have a vortex venom on the MOS and after less then a 1000 rounds the front right corner of the optic frame is beat up from what I’m assuming is spent casings.

David Mayeur

I would be willing to bet that they are NOT ejecting straight back, but weak ejection and the optic is hitting the brass on the way into battery.

As my RSA began to see the end of its life cycle, I was having ejection issues.

And has was stated previously, that's just powder on your glass. It happens.

I was having a similar issue with my G34 (Gen3). Although not running an RDS, it was ejecting most of the brass straight back at my head. After having a spent case bounce off the underside of my hat brim and land behind my eye pro during an IDPA stage (and leaving a nice blister, I might add), I replaced the extractor and extractor spring. Went with APEX. After that, I have had strong and consistent ejection. No more burned face.

JPitts0117

My gen4 19 has a tendency to throw the brass straight back at me. It has the new ejector. Was told I need to replace my extraction assembly( extractor, and rod assembly)