G-Code SOC RTI for duty carry

Op4guy

I have done some searching through P&S (as well as the internet in general) on and off for a couple of weeks now and really haven't found much relevant info so I am going to ask here, where I value and trust opinions. It's multi-part so bear with me:

I am looking for some input by way of experience on running a G-Code SOC RTI holster for LE duty. I am not LE myself but I do work with them quite often on the .mil side and for the last year we have been trying to get them up to speed on their new qualification that begins in 1Q FY17. If you have any experience with the previous .mil pistol qualification you know it is a complete joke, this gets them more inline with modern dept standards.

The pistol platform in use is the Beretta w/o light so that is the model of RTI I am looking to run. At the present time I run a Safariland 6378 with a 1.5" UBL and QD fork in order to swap setups from the Beretta to either my Glock or M&P. I do not have any requirements to run a Level 3 (L3) and have been running the 6378 for years with great success as one would expect from such a solid system. Those that I train with are either running a Safariland or Blackhawk which must be an L3, they can go down to an L2 holster but then they would be required to use a lanyard which to me is rather silly for patrol and asks for more problems then it is worth.

What I find is though I can talk through the actual steps of retention release and draw, it is perceived that I most definitely have an unfair advantage using my 6378 compared to their L3 holsters because I don't have a "hood' to release/rotate. I imagine most of you are thinking the same as I explain, this is a minimal time saver and it's all about the practice (which I tell them). So I am considering the G-Code SOC RTI. It has a hood that rotates but still mimics the release of my 6378 which I prefer.

So basically, I want to run a G-Code on my Safariland UBL/QD fork, is it possible to make this setup work? And if so, has anyone had experience good or bad with the RTI holster line, specifically for a duty carry belt set up?

Wake27

You're considering a new holster switch because others are saying you have an advantage? Is this an ego thing or something that may actually prevent a qualification? G-Code makes an RTI adaptor for Safariland holsters, I don't think I have seen the opposite though. IME, the RTI system is solid. Very secure but quick and easy to swap. I've heard that it's slightly lower profile than Safariland's fork but I don't know for sure. FWIW, all of my overt holsters have been or are being transition to Safariland holsters with RTI mounts. There was a shooter in the last class I was in that had an issue with his XST hood, which I believe is the same design as the SOC. I don't remember the issue though so take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk