experience with Armorshield USA/Force 1 concealable vest

Tracer

Amateur
Y'all,

Google fu is turning up nothing. Also had trouble with blockers on work network. I didn't turn anything up on LF about the vest. I am hoping y'all have something (positive) to share about them.

Work is now issuing us new concealable vests. The vest says Armorshield USA/Force 1. Seems like some kind of venture between the two companies? Model looks like it says PUMALE-01. NIJ level II (not even IIa :(). It has the cut for the neck, but it looks like a small IPSC (sp?) target. It has the bevel on the bottom corners and no coverage beyond immediate front-NO side or overlap of any kind.

I know work strives to buy cheap, but how bad is it that we have these vests? Anything positive about these?

Thank you for any info,
Tracer

Tracer

Amateur
Well... I'd been delaying turning my old armor in. Today, the Capt said the new armors have to be turned in. As far as I can tell, ALL of the armors did not fit the individuals. Mine for an example, the front and back had side overlap by several inches and I couldn't move. The length was so long, it stuck 3 inches into my pants past my belt. I don't have exact info as I wore it for a whole 10 seconds before throwing it into the wall locker, and donning my old armor.

I assume/hope that when the Capt turns the armors in, that we will get replacements, as apposed to work wasting their budget (as this was a big deal to begin with). I will update with how this turns out. Either way, looks like I am gonna be looking to get my own soft armor from another source.

Tracer

Amateur
So, as SOMEONE was/did/maybe sent the vests in to get the sizes recut since they cannot follow their own directions in the first place... We still have not received these vests back yet... I swear to Odin, I'm tired of the carefree attitude the company seems to have with my department and their order... SO yeah, avoid this company like the fracken plague.

If I had the money, I'd just get my own... :( Guarantee it would be better quality then...

Tracer

Amateur
Last word... the vests that we sent back in to get resized.... the Capt can't get ahold of a rep or the company. Don't know if they have been worked on or not. I'm not looking forward to this vest for sure now. Maybe Santa will bring a quality vest this year... :(

As if folks didn't know already... DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY if you care about your life or your funds...