Eidolon mod

Ed7

I currently have the G17 version of the Eidolon, but am thinking the universal model would fit my needs better. Would there be any loss of function/structure issues with just chopping the end of my holster off to the same length as the other model? I've been looking at pictures, and I don't think this would be a problem. Am I missing something?

K Williams

I did the same with a dremel, and the high speed/heat generated made it a dirty cut (material cooled rapidly and stuck to holster body). I cleaned it up with a file and took down any sharp edges.

No loss of function or strength though. The G17 version was more comfortable, but I needed the change it it to accommodate my Roland Special G19.

PatMcG

I cut one I bought second hand because I had a 19 and I regretted it. The round off end of the longer version was in fact more comfortable for me, but maybe not for everybody.

back spin

Amateur
With a 19 length Eidolon I attached the wedge with a zip tie so it hangs an inch below the holster body. It also helps give more leverage for the holster to tuck in tighter.

John Clark

You ca easily do this with a pair of sharp shears specifically made to cut plastic. Just take your time working your way down to the parting line a finish with a fine dremel wheel and wet sand. Mod'd the bottom and the outer sweat guard going this. Works like a dream.