Duty Holester dimensions G45 vs G17

Ben_170

BLUF:Is a G45 safariland holester with flush mount light significantly shorter that G17 with TLR-1?

I see topics on G17 vs G45 but they are all firearm specific, I started a new thread because I feel like I would be high jacking them.

Long hours sitting in a dodge charger squad car has lead me to optimize my duty belt to be as flat and comfortable as possible. Switching to a molle load bearing vest has allowed me to move the bulk up to my upper body and switching to a flat-but-sturdy duty belt with inner belt system (i use the safeline defense duty belt).

Left over is a holester still poking me in my right hand side. To reduce this, I have switched from the standard FBI cant and run a CUBL from safariland for the straight drop cant. This has helped some in providing a better fit in a car. However, I still have a G17 with a TLR-1 in a safariland level 2, mid ride. I own a G45 that I bought years ago and see a TLR-7a would fit flush with the muzzle (I have not purchased a light). I am willing to compromise a lower output weapons light because I use the FBI method and used a handheld in my left. W/m light is a backup to my back up.

This leads me to my question, would a Safariland level 2 or 3 holester for the G45 with TLR-7a offer a significant decrease in length to increase my day to day comfort?

If anyone has made this switch or if there's a thread already dedicated to this topic, please let me know. Weighing my comfort vs investing my own money to use a personally owned firearm over the no cost to me issued set up. Nothing has been purchased, I'm not looking for validation of stuff I already own.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
safariland light bearing holsters are basically all the same as it pertains to light mold. It’s pretty much one size fits or it doesn’t so going to a tlr7 style flush fit light doesn’t shave anything off the bottom because they’re all made to accept an x300u or other large light anyway (regardless if it’s a 45 length barrel or 17).

Ben_170

Ok, now I see. If you go through their "Holster Finder" and punch in a G17 and G45 both with a TLR-7, it spits out the same holster model. There could be some plastic dropped off but that probably wouldn't be much, if any. Thanks.

jBravo3

KIMG1069.JPG
There would be no discernable comfort change while seated because, as stated above, there's not really a change in holster length with a light bearing holster.
*45/19 holster on left, 45/19/17 holster on right.

Ben_170

Thanks for the photos, extremely helpful since safariland only displays generic photos. I will spend no money and keep what I got, easy decision now.