Dawson Adjustable sights

tylerw02

What range are folks zeroing these sights for?

I've been zeroing at 25. I have both a G19 and a G34 with these sights. My 34 seems to zero out about 2-3" high while my 19 shoots about 4" high and took a lot of windage. I plan to try the 19 again because I was shooting with a setting sun.

The 34 doesn't bother me too much, I just run a 6 o'clock hold and rock on. I've run it that way for a little over a year and I do fine. The 4" on the 19 is a bit much it seems. Am I overthinking this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krax

I zeroed mine at 25 and it's a little high (I have to lollipop the bull instead of holding center mass.). I could use a different front sight to lower the POI, but I think it's already a little tall.

Longeye

Established
A 25 yard zero is reasonable. Give Dawson a call or check their website. They have a calculator that helps you figure out what the ideal front sight height is.

It is foolish to go to the trouble of installing new sights and then still resort to silly tricks like hold off at the zero distance.

Get and install the correct parts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tylerw02

I may give them a call later this week, they are adjustables and the sights that were recommended on the phone. I'd hoped they would be right.

Yondering

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but a 25 yard zero should mean impact is dead on at 25 yards, not 2"-4" high. Are you running out of adjustment in the sight, or ?? If so, you need a taller front sight.

GTF425

I zero with a 6 o clock hold on a B-8 bull at 25 yards. I needed a .300 to work with a 19.

Negligible difference between POA/POI out to 25, and it makes punching the X on a B-8 child's play.

tylerw02

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but a 25 yard zero should mean impact is dead on at 25 yards, not 2"-4" high. Are you running out of adjustment in the sight, or ?? If so, you need a taller front sight.

Yes, running out of adjustment.

Yondering

Need a taller front sight then. Shoot it again to determine exactly how far off it is, then either do the math yourself or call Dawson, they can help you get the right sight. I forget the details, but vaguely remember they even had some sort of exchange program, if you needed to change front sight heights to adjust POI. They're good people and should get you fixed up.