Consensus on Midwest Industries rifles?

SmElly

Seems moderately priced, nothing special.
Lets compare to some good duty grade offerings; BCM, DD, FNH

This rifle comes in $100-$400 cheaper than these rifles, and should surpass them from an accuracy standpoint. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Grizzly

Lets compare to some good duty grade offerings; BCM, DD, FNH

This rifle comes in $100-$400 cheaper than these rifles, and should surpass them from an accuracy standpoint. Perhaps I'm missing something.
How are you getting it to be more accurate, is that based on being chambered in 223 Wylde?

Even with arguably better accuracy from a 223 Wylde, I'd still prefer a more known quantity like BCM. You can get one with the upgraded BCM stock and charging handle for 1299 here: http://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-RECCE-16-MCMR-15-MLOK-GOVT_p_825.html. The midwest rifle is what 1230ish with the same charging handle and MOE stock.

What task is this rifle for that the ~$60 and 223 wylde makes it more desirable?

SmElly

How are you getting it to be more accurate, is that based on being chambered in 223 Wylde?

Even with arguably better accuracy from a 223 Wylde, I'd still prefer a more known quantity like BCM. You can get one with the upgraded BCM stock and charging handle for 1299 here: http://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-RECCE-16-MCMR-15-MLOK-GOVT_p_825.html. The midwest rifle is what 1230ish with the same charging handle and MOE stock.

What task is this rifle for that the ~$60 and 223 wylde makes it more desirable?
Based on the bit of google-fu that I've done, the criterion barrel would shoot circles around the BCM barrel.
BCM pipes are 100% good to go from a porting, journaling, and QC perspective. They are not known for high levels of accuracy.

I also wasnt aware that you could snag complete BCMs for 1300. I was under the impression that they came in at 1400.
Shows how much I know.

JeffM.

Amateur
MI made the Sentinel Concepts Carbine for Steve Fisher, and he may still be an industry rep for them in some capacity. I don’t know how active he is on the forum, but he might have some thoughts on their products.

Yondering

Everything I've bought from Midwest Industries has been great quality; far better than many others in the industry, I'd put them on par with places like Aero Precision, maybe better. I haven't bought one of their complete rifles, but would expect the quality to match the rest of their products.

These guys are not a bottom quality organization, or even middle of the pack, they are good, and their customer service is excellent. (I've never had a bad part from them, just missing rail sections that PSA removed from their kits; Midwest sent me replacements for no charge far faster than PSA would even respond to me.)

Dpvaz56

I would throw Midwest on par with Aero and just a tad lower than BCM/SOLGW. Solid rifle that’s going to do work when you need it without breaking the bank. But there are better known quantities out there for complete rifle builds.

MEEN_47

MI made the Sentinel Concepts Carbine for Steve Fisher, and he may still be an industry rep for them in some capacity. I don’t know how active he is on the forum, but he might have some thoughts on their products.
I went through Fisher's PUC class in 2017, during a brief and informal conversation we had he mentioned MI guns to be quality.