CNC Holsters Glock 19x Rmr Cut review

Gibby0311

**This was my experience, yours may vary**
*I have all the comms saved in the event he gets upset about my honesty*

CNC Holsters RMR Cut Review

I contacted CNC, along with a few other companies about an RMR cut for my 19x in early-mid June. Specifically, I wanted an RMR cut and only the bare metal refinished where the slide was machined. I like the factory FDE finish and did now want to change it. In my search, several of the larger machine shops known for their RMR cuts would only do complete re-finish and suggested using cold-blue if they I did not want a complete finish. Clark Trost at CNC Holsters told me he could do a tool black finish on the bare metal for corrosion. I knew of the company from their Holsters and had seen some of Clark’s work on the CNC slides that he provides BigTexOutdoors. Communication at this point was very quick and clear. Clark quoted me 2 weeks for the cut and tool black finish. I went through the formalities with a few other companies and finally settled on CNC. I shipped my new, never fired 19x slide on July 5 via USPS priority.

Quality

Clark doesn’t require the RMR to be sent in with the slide. That said, the fit is super tight. It took a while to get my RMR seated and I had finesse it on and off a few times before I wasn’t fighting with it. He does his cuts with bosses but the fit is so good that they really aren’t necessary. I’m confident that I could get a few rounds off without it being secured via screws before it would fly off. He also installed a set of Trijicon suppressor height sights that I supplied. No issues with that install other than tooling marks. He makes a good product, but nothing that the other shops don’t do and especially for what you will read below.
As good as the fit was, I did receive my slide back with machine marks and some dried chemicals (assuming from the machining work) on it. I had to work off all of the black marks left by the machine that held it in place during the cut. Nothing serious, but I expect to receive a clean slide back.

Time

As noted earlier, Clark quoted me “about 2 weeks” turnaround for the slide cut and tool black. His website says 3, so I just anticipated 3. On July 8, I sent a message to him because I received a delivery notice the day prior that the postal worker could not access the deliver site. He promptly replied, letting me know that his shop was closed and doesn’t accept mail on Saturday. My slide was delivered to him on July 9. I received my slide back on August 25. FYI, that’s not really a good turnaround time.

Communication

Awful. Comms were quick up to the point of receiving my slide. I contacted Clark via the website, email, and company Facebook page on July 31 for an update. Specifically to just let me know if it was going to be late. He responded the same day and stated that it would be done and shipped early next week. I contacted him via the same channels on August 8 asking for an update, again on August 9 and finally August 10 before getting a response. We talked throughout a few messages about his communication issues (2nd time discussing this) and he told me, yet again, that it would be done at the beginning of the week and he would let know on Sunday, August 12 if it was done or not. He also said that he doesn’t have time to check his emails and messages because it would tie up his time. I get that, but when he’s making Facebook posts, videos, Instagram posts, etc..... it just doesn’t add up. Stop lying. I contacted him again on August 15 because guess what? He didn’t contact me on the 12th as he said. He responded that the slide was cut and being mailed that day. Its a 2 day ship speed from out locations, even by snail mail. On August 20 I contacted Clark AGAIN because I hadn’t received my slide or any tracking info. He said he would get me the tracking later in the evening when he was off the road. Well, a Facebook video and some posts later, he still hadn’t contacted me. 2 more emails and nothing from him. I posted on his Facebook video that he posted and all of a sudden he had time to respond to me and of course delete my comment. Surprise! There was a shipping issue and it hadn’t shipped. He was going to figure it out. Back and forth we went, and it finally shipped on Thursday, August 23rd and I received it August 25th.

He has agreed to give me a refund on the cost because of the issues. I have not received the refund yet though, so that is to be seen. Will update on if he follows through. I suspect from previous experience that he will not.

I WOULD NOT do business again and DO NOT recommend this company. Terrible business acumen, lies, awful communication. The guy, Clark, dug himself in a hole from the get go by not communicating and spilling lies. Had he just been honest from the start that he was a few weeks behind because he wanted to drink beers, then whatever. Don’t lie to paying customers. During this process I found a BBB complaint on him for a slide cut that took 14 weeks! The folks had been trying to contact him and he avoided them until they finally filed with the BBB. Reading through threads and posts on other forums and social media, this is the norm for him.

Joe _K

Established
Correct me if I misunderstood, but aside from a longer than quoted turn around time, some black smudges, tool marks on sights, and iffy comms, you got your RMR cut, and sights installed. And you might be getting your $ back?

Gibby0311

Yes, aside from the laundry list of issues, I got an RMR cut in which there are tons of other shops that can do the same thing without the issues.

But as a customer, I don’t appreciate being lied to and strung along with broken commitments. I would venture to say that most customers don’t. Again, that is my experience though. Others may have great experiences with great transparency. I didn’t and at no fault of my own.

Gibby0311

Breaking multiple commitments would be lying, so yes. But not coming forth about them is even worse. It would be fine if he contacted me and said it’s going to be a few days because of x,y,z. That wasn’t the case. I would have to dig with multiple emails to get a response about what is going on. As well as the other BS from my review. If you’re OK with that stuff, that’s all you man. Not me.

Joe _K

Established
Not saying I’m fine with it at all, just attempting to get clarification. Hopefully he follows through and gets you the refund, in the future check out some of the recommended companies here for gun/gear work you need done, the search bar is your friend.
Welcome to the forum.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
It looks like you were specifically looking for a re-finish on the bare metal only, and that took you to CNC. I have had two pistols cut for red dots by L&M Precision. He offers a cerecoat refinish on the milled area only for 20 bucks. I've been very happy with the quality of the work. The turnaround is longer than what CNC quoted you, but the wait time was accurate for me based on what is on the website. Maybe check him out in the future.

Gypsy EDC

It looks like you were specifically looking for a re-finish on the bare metal only, and that took you to CNC. I have had two pistols cut for red dots by L&M Precision. He offers a cerecoat refinish on the milled area only for 20 bucks. I've been very happy with the quality of the work. The turnaround is longer than what CNC quoted you, but the wait time was accurate for me based on what is on the website. Maybe check him out in the future.
Mark is a good guy, and his work is outstanding.

Ste_C

I had a very similar experience at the start of the year, 3-4 week turn around turned into lost slide for a month. 4 month turn around. Communication was lacking, machine work was good and tight. Unfortunately I won’t give him another shot. (I chose him initially because there was a discount code)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibby0311

I had a very similar experience at the start of the year, 3-4 week turn around turned into lost slide for a month. 4 month turn around. Communication was lacking, machine work was good and tight. Unfortunately I won’t give him another shot. (I chose him initially because there was a discount code)

Yea that’s just unsat.... any sort of ‘make me whole’ agreement afterwards?

Ste_C

Yea that’s just unsat.... any sort of ‘make me whole’ agreement afterwards?

Nope, once I got it back I just chalked it up to businesses that won’t get my money again, and friends who are also into firearms know to go with a different company. I never communicated with him again after my slide was returned

SCSU74

My order was placed Jan 12 and I had it back March 14, was quoted 2-3 weeks. Was it a bit longer? Yes. Was the work good? Yes. In the end I didn't really care. Not enough to join a forum and call Clark a liar. Clark has always offered a wealth of information on several facebook groups. Life happens, I got my slide back and the cut was up to my expectations, especially for not having the optic. Mark also does top notch work and I have used him the past. Going forward I wouldn't hesitate to use either.

Gibby0311

SCSU74, I’m glad that the experience you had was up to YOUR expectations. Mine wasn’t. The work was good, but nothing that any of the other shops don’t do quicker with better comms, transparency, etc. Not to mention that my slide looked like it came right out of the machine with the chemical and machine marks all over it. But if you have low expectations, that’s your call. I stand by my experience.

SCSU74

SCSU74, I’m glad that the experience you had was up to YOUR expectations. Mine wasn’t. The work was good, but nothing that any of the other shops don’t do quicker with better comms, transparency, etc. Not to mention that my slide looked like it came right out of the machine with the chemical and machine marks all over it. But if you have low expectations, that’s your call. I stand by my experience.

Just seems odd you joined a forum to make the post, especially when your experience of his work stands alone.

Gibby0311

SCSU, clearly you didn’t read the thread. There’s another guy in this thread who has the almost exact same issue. I also posted it on arfcom. The thread there I started well before actually choosing and sending it to Clark. To conclude, YOU don’t want to believe that where we’re issues with the vendo. That’s fine.