Buying remanufactured bulk ammo?

Dr. No

I'm working my way through 20k bullets from Freedom. The first 10k I got would not hold a 12" group at 15 yards. I sent them all back and they were replaced (including the ones I had already shot). The new batch held about a 6" group at 25y. To compare, I also have used Montana Gold and Zero bullets (same bullet weight, same exact load) and both shot 2-3" at 25y.

I know you're not reloading, but I think it's just a good demonstration that they are trying to keep prices down by using lower quality bullets and QA process. I don't think I'd be afraid to use it during a class as it is a training environment, but I would make sure the batch I had worked before I took it out there with the intent to burn 1k in two days.

KMo1205

I'm working my way through 20k bullets from Freedom. The first 10k I got would not hold a 12" group at 15 yards. I sent them all back and they were replaced (including the ones I had already shot). The new batch held about a 6" group at 25y. To compare, I also have used Montana Gold and Zero bullets (same bullet weight, same exact load) and both shot 2-3" at 25y.

I know you're not reloading, but I think it's just a good demonstration that they are trying to keep prices down by using lower quality bullets and QA process. I don't think I'd be afraid to use it during a class as it is a training environment, but I would make sure the batch I had worked before I took it out there with the intent to burn 1k in two days.

What caliber, kind, and weapon are you using?

Dr. No

HK VP9, HK P30L, STI 2011. The STI shot tighter group wise than the other two, but results were the same.

A sample target. this was 10 rounds slow fire at 25 yards. I counted 9 hits. I switched out for HSM reloaded 9mm (not known for its accuracy) and shot a 5" group.

xtreme_target.jpg