Batons/Nightsticks

JUDAN

What's everyone using?

21" ASP Sentry here. I have been looking at the RCB peace-keeper for awhile but can't justify the cost nor weight.

Fatboy

Established
Modified ASP.

Modified because it got bent a few years ago, and after beating it back closed, it now only opens to about 16 inches. Which is perfect for what it gets used for- prying suspects arms out from underneath them when they are less than compliant.

Longeye

Established
Monadnock 26" It hits hard and closes easy.

I have a picture somewhere of a cheap baton one of our deputies was using that bent like wet spaghetti.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OEF89E

Streamlight SL20. The aluminum version. The ASP is for decoration. Virtually worthless.

Same deal. Pretty standard in my department to ditch the baton and just use an SL20 with a terralux LED upgrade (600 lumens) and bust-a-cap tailcap.

From gym-only experience, I think an expandable baton is only marginally better than a flashlight but not nearly as good as a wooden straight stick for creating tip speed and distance.

JRW

Staff member
31" Dymondwood Straight Stick. From the Koga Institute. I've never had it fail to extend.

MrMurphy

26" ASP for making sure transients aren't dead.

If I actually thought I'd be using the baton for it's intended purpose I might go with a Monadnock (the button is handier) or a Peacekeeper. But so far.... I haven't.

SCSU74

Streamlight SL20 ever since switching departments and the new place not allowing my Peacekeeper baton :( Those Peacekeepers are awesome, the end is a solid piece of milled still vs the hollow end of an Asp. Old department issued them, oh how I miss Texas...

SCSU74

What's everyone using?

21" ASP Sentry here. I have been looking at the RCB peace-keeper for awhile but can't justify the cost nor weight.

The weight wasn't really noticeable for me, they are pretty close. The biggest difference is how they're balanced. All the weight of the Asp is in the handle vs the Peacekeeper that has all the weight in the tip. I sent you a message, my old one is just collecting dust if you want to take it out for a test run.