ATEi review

Jedi 220

This is a review, in part at least. I recently sent a slide and RMR to Doug at ATEi for milling and installation.
I received a call from Doug today to inform me of a problem with the RMR. He advised it was a knockoff and broke down how he could tell. (Side note, it was ordered from Amazon and they are fixing it on their end. Packaging and included materials appeared to be from Trijicon)
The main point of this is to say what a good dude Doug is to deal with. I talked to him personally and got many options to fix this issue. He's sending the sight back to me so I can work it out and keeping the slide until I get it sorted.
This is the first time I have sent anything away for work and I'm already impressed with the care and attention to detail you get with ATEi. I don't know if this I common in the industry but I'm pleasantly surprised. Most other areas you have work done they would have installed the part and never checked if it was right. To talk to the man responsible for the job and for him to go out of his way to educate you on the subject is beyond good service. I can see why so many here recommend him.
Thanks to Doug and those here on P&S. ATEi has my business and respect. You always hear when things go wrong I think people need more credit when they go out of the way to make a bad thing right. (Even if that bad thing were no fault of their own.)

(Original post from P&S on Facebook. More good info over there.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie

I'm looking to buy an RMR any tips on how to spot an imposter?

It would be nice to see an link or at least the information posted regarding the seller you purchased from so individuals looking to purchase an RMR in the future don't make the same mistake. Additionally if you utilized a VISA for the transaction you could dispute the charges for reimbursement if Amazon isn't taking care of you.

Jedi 220

Few things to add here, hope they help. First the RM06 came from Amazon not one of their retailers. Amazon is being great to work with as always.
No on to the how to tell a fake. The best source for that is from Doug. He has a lot of pictures of them side by side. I believe Matt and the other mods are working with Doug to get a thread up on telling the difference. Sorry this is a little rough and short. If I can answer more let me know.