AT Armor STOP vs Hesco U210 Front & 3611C/3810 Rear?

Runcibleman

Alright, here goes the weirdness: I am planning to use a set of plates with a medium Ferro Slickster or a medium Velocity LPAC (which has the proper sized IIIA soft insert as well).

I'm staring at the possibility of getting a piece of my unobtainium, the Hesco U210, for a front plate on one hands vs. AT Armor's very servicable STOP plates.

So the options before me are one of these:

A. AT Armor S.T.O.P. 10x12 Shooter Cut Front (0.5" thick at 4.8lb) and
AT Armor S.T.O.P 10x12 SAPI Cut Rear (0.5" thick at 5.1lb)

or...

B. Hesco U210 10x12 Shooter Cut Front (0.56" thick at 3.9lb) and
Hesco 3611C 10x12 LE CUT Rear (1.05" thick at 3.9lb) OR Hesco 3810 9.5x12.5 SAPI CUT Rear (1" thick and 4.1lb)

Why the 3611C over the 3810, you ask? Just because it's exactly 10x12 rather than the Medium SAPI size of 9.5x12.5, and it also has a nice thick polyurea coating rather than the usual Cordura, plus it's $100 cheaper. That's why that pig is thicker than the 3810, but still lighter. But it's for the back, so a 1" plate back there shouldn't get me killed in the streets. (Famous last words)

Obviously the Hescos win the weight game hands down.

Chriscanbreach

Established
Retarded no but what’s the race to settle for less than you want. I know nothing about those manufacturers so I’ll leave that to experts or the better informed.
I’ll tell you from a user standpoint unless I was being shoved out the door into combat and had to pick the blue pill or the red is just wait and make sure I got exactly what I want.
What is your primary use for the system going to be?

CD228

Amateur
To double down on Grizzly's comment asking your planned use, what is the threat you are planning around? What is your priorities-Cost, Coverage, Weight, Threat (special threat vs III),thickness, availability?
Have you tried the SAPI and shooter cuts? Is there a particular reason you are eyeing shooter cut plates?

patriot_man

I've had some people mix and match plates. Nothing wrong with that, so long as you understand your AO and the threats/acceptable risks.

I will say that the 8" x 10" / 10" x 12" sizing standard pretty much exists for departments to streamline logistics by having a plate that will fit most body types. I would suggest a true SAPI sizing back if your carrier is designed around that for the optimal fitment.