AAR CQB 22-25 APRIL2015

CQB AAR 2015

APRIL 22-24

WEATHER:

T1: 36-42, windy with a little rain, hail, and snow (sleet)

T2: 35-38, windy

T3: 38-54, clear

HOURS OF OPERATION:

T1: 1200-2400

T2: 1200-2400

T3: 1200-2400

TRAINING SITE:

Alliance Police Training Facility

Alliance, OH

The site has a 8100 square foot shout house w/ catwalk over top so you can also view and see how other teams handle problems, 330 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, classrooms, aircraft simulator, bathrooms (actual bathrooms with pluming/very nice and clean) and a walk-in class 5 vault. The facility is well keep and very clean, is the nicest range around a lot of hard work put into it by Joe Weyer and Alliance PD.

INSTRUCTORS:

Pat Rodger

John Chapman “Chappy”

John Spires “DOC SPIRES”

Steve Fisher “YETI”

Mike Sebastian (Bravo ATL)

Bill Peterson (Alpha ATL)

Joe Weyer

EQUIPMENT:

Ballistic helmet, Plate carrier with front and back plates, AR-15 (empty NO LIVE AMMO), Rifle Sling, 3 empty magazines, weapon light, secondary light.

DAYS OF OPERARTION:

T1: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. started with administrative paper work, then we were split up to two teams (alpha and Bravo). UTM equipment was handed out to each student, after the UTM equipment was handed out our rifle bolts were changed and inspected. Then we moved on to class room work were the priority of life. After classroom work we moved outside to the cones, where we begin to shake the rust of and learn shapes and how to attack them as a team. After the cone drills we moved into the shoot house, where we learned how to move as a team and communication. Then we broke for dinner around 1730 and returned for work at 1900. After our dinner break we then started UTM’s we did a total of 2 missions.

T2: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. After inspection we started with classroom work on suspect control, where we moved to the outdoors and observed the proper techniques on how to deal and handle a suspect with your rifle and proper placement we going hands on so that your weapon will not be used against you. After that we moved into the shoot house were we practiced our suspect controls and did some fine tuning. Then we moved into UTM’s were we did some off campus work also well and did a total of 4 missions.

T3: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. After inspection classroom work was started where vehicle assaults was taught. After some slide show presentation we then moved outdoors where we learned how to stack, placement in the stacks and our assignment in the stack. After we did vehicle assaults we then went in to more UTM’s, we started in the shoot house and moved off campus for a couple hits then ended in the shoot house for a total of 4 missions that day.

Overall:

After attending the course I was very pleased in the caliber of instructors I had, the EAG and Alliance PD really know how to do it. If you have not attend any of the EAG shoot house, CQB course out at Alliance, Oh I highly recommend you do so. You will get top notch training at a top notch facility; there is truly no place like the training site in Alliance, Oh. As for the course the training was one of a kind and was filled with a lot of knowledge. Thank you to all who put on the course, I will definitely be attending more classes put on by EAG and Alliance PD.

CQB AAR 2015

APRIL 22-24

WEATHER:

T1: 36-42, windy with a little rain, hail, and snow (sleet)

T2: 35-38, windy

T3: 38-54, clear

HOURS OF OPERATION:

T1: 1200-2400

T2: 1200-2400

T3: 1200-2400

TRAINING SITE:

Alliance Police Training Facility

Alliance, OH

The site has a 8100 square foot shout house w/ catwalk over top so you can also view and see how other teams handle problems, 330 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, classrooms, aircraft simulator, bathrooms (actual bathrooms with pluming/very nice and clean) and a walk-in class 5 vault. The facility is well keep and very clean, is the nicest range around a lot of hard work put into it by Joe Weyer and Alliance PD.

INSTRUCTORS:

Pat Rodger

John Chapman “Chappy”

John Spires “DOC SPIRES”

Steve Fisher “YETI”

Mike Sebastian (Bravo ATL)

Bill Peterson (Alpha ATL)

Joe Weyer

EQUIPMENT:

Ballistic helmet, Plate carrier with front and back plates, AR-15 (empty NO LIVE AMMO), Rifle Sling, 3 empty magazines, weapon light, secondary light.

DAYS OF OPERARTION:

T1: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. started with administrative paper work, then we were split up to two teams (alpha and Bravo). UTM equipment was handed out to each student, after the UTM equipment was handed out our rifle bolts were changed and inspected. Then we moved on to class room work were the priority of life. After classroom work we moved outside to the cones, where we begin to shake the rust of and learn shapes and how to attack them as a team. After the cone drills we moved into the shoot house, where we learned how to move as a team and communication. Then we broke for dinner around 1730 and returned for work at 1900. After our dinner break we then started UTM’s we did a total of 2 missions.

T2: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. After inspection we started with classroom work on suspect control, where we moved to the outdoors and observed the proper techniques on how to deal and handle a suspect with your rifle and proper placement we going hands on so that your weapon will not be used against you. After that we moved into the shoot house were we practiced our suspect controls and did some fine tuning. Then we moved into UTM’s were we did some off campus work also well and did a total of 4 missions.

T3: The morning started with inspection of gear before entering the range making sure you had no live ammo or edged weapons on you. After inspection we then went in to more UTM’s, we started in the shoot house and moved off campus for a couple hits then ended in the shoot house for a total of 4 missions that day.

Overall:

After attending the course I was very pleased in the caliber of instructors I had, the EAG and Alliance PD really know how to do it. If you have not attend any of the EAG shoot house, CQB course out at Alliance, Oh I highly recommend you do so. You will get top notch training at a top notch facility; there is truly no place like the training site in Alliance, Oh. As for the course the training was one of a kind and was filled with a lot of knowledge. Thank you to all who put on the course, I will definitely be attending more classes put on by EAG and Alliance PD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk