AAC Customer Service Thread

N

nate89

Taking a page from the Surefire thread, I figured having just had a repair done by AAC, I'd post my experience. Hopefully others who have had similar situations can post and get an idea of how AAC is doing.

We have three AAC cans as rentals on the range. The 45 Ti-Rant, 556 SD, and SDN-6. Due to repeated removal and installation of them, usually by people who didn't depress the locking latch, both of the rifle cans had the teeth wear down to the point where they no longer held the can on. I had heard some horror stories in the past about the wait time for repair from AAC, but they weren't currently usable, so I e-mailed their CS department and got a prompt reply with an RMA for both of them. 2-3 weeks later, both cans showed up at the store with the back end locking mechanism completely replaced, and both cans had been refinished. It appears that at least for us, the tales of long wait times to get cans back seem to be over.

Sine Metu

Last year, I hit AAC up about repairing/replacing the latch on an SDN-6 due to worn teeth. I was notified from their customer service who advised they were in the process of moving shop and would advise when they were setup for returns.

Took about 6-8 months before they finally sent me the RMA. From shipping to getting it back, it took 3-4 weeks. The ratchet had been replaced and the entire can had been refinished.