A few micro-reviews from Dave.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
https://www.facebook.com/firearmsandtactics/posts/859589477438697

As is often the case running different gear and rifles during a school like the Follow Through Consulting, LLC scoped carbine gets the wheels turning. Looking at some of the other setups, along with trying what I brought some changes were in order, along with some training.

I really liked the U.S. Optics SR8 with the Horus H50 and felt it was a perfect match for my Primary Weapons Systems MK212 SD. Having used that rifle before at Bucks Teasdale range it proved very accurate. This power range is about perfect for a 13" .308 so it was mounted up and zeroed. The Titanium Brevis II Ultra suppressor was attached. Weighing 10 ounces, at 5.5 inches long it is barely noticeable on the rifle adding only 4.9 inches to the OAL. This is a handy little .308 and it keeps it that way.

On the Red Creek Tactical LT, the suppressors were swapped out. After running the Delta P Design Brevis suppressor on the M16 at the school it quickly became a favorite. Barely noticed it was there, but it was quiet, consistent, and kept the rifle balanced. I was anxious to give the Brevis II (their latest) a try. Weighing in at 11.5 ounces in stainless steel, it is only 3.7 inches long - a tad longer than a flash hider.

A rail was added for an Atlas bi-pod, something that came in handy at the longer ranges in Teasdale, especially when it was snowing. I also moved the ZeroBravo hand stops forward. Instead of using it at the rear of my hand hold, it is now placed to grasp with my first finger providing more space for setting the rifle on barricades yet allows for a solid hold from off hand and good rearward pressure.

Both suppressors are pretty quiet, not as quiet as some, but comfortable to shoot out doors. Back pressure is less than most, not up there with the OSS, but it is also simple with no moving parts. Properly tuned excess gas is minimal. But the ergonomics and balance are hard to beat, not sure anything out there comes close that works this well.

Running the LTC through barricade drills it is like there is nothing out there. Just no muzzle blast, quiet, and no flash. The MK212 SD is no light weight to begin with, but this suppressor keeps it manageable and short. Pretty impressive so far. Accuracy was unaffected, still tack drivers, especially the Red Creek Tactical. Black hills 77 grain TMK in the 5.56, 168 BTHP in the .308.

The SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas block allowed me to tune the LTC pretty easily even with the light weight BCG. Just had to go up to an A5-1 buffer to keep the ejection consistent. Sprinco USA green spring stayed in place.

The PWS MK212 SD is nicely setup, and using the adjustable gas block it tuned up pretty nice. Adding a Blue spring kept the ejection pattern consistent. All in all a good morning on the range, just in time to get run off by an impending snow storm. Dropped of the 5.56mm can for some Cerakote, and look forward to getting back on it this week. Here are a few pictures of the setups, will post more of the LTC when the scope covers and suppressor return from coating and match.