4th and final email to Aimpoint

So from a lack of any answer I can only conclude that y'all will not provide any trouble shooting steps to resolve this issue or to issue a RMA to look into the issue.

I'm disappointed with this incounter with your lack of zero help to resolve what could be a stupid easy fix for one of your products, and have a customer shouting your praises. But that is clearly not the case here.

About 5 years ago I made a switch from 100% EOtechs to move to aimpoint for their battery life and reliable of the optic. Until this day I have been nothing but a huge fan boy and when talking with new shooters always telling to look into the Aimpoints.

After 4 email try's and face book try and I do believe they were all respectful request for help in troubleshooting the issue to give me guidance on how to proceed as to either throw it away and buy a new or to send it and let your tech team look at it and give me an estimated cost for repair. Not at one time did I try or expect to get anything free.

But all I got was crickets! I can no longer recommend your products to my friends and family due to your lack of willingness to even reply to a simple email over a several week time frame.

I know I'm just one guy and the chance of you actions today will likely have no impact to your sells but sometimes videos and emails go viral and I will do every thing in my powers to let other aimpoint owners and or those thinking about buying a new aimpoint they they will only receive the item that comes in the box and zero warranty from the company and should look else where when spending their hard earned money in these hard financial times

God Bless America!

Sent from my iPhone

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
Given the lack of context involved, the lack of stated timeframe, and - respectfully - the inarticulate tone and emotional blackmail inherent to the composition; I cannot see this making a good case for whatever you wanted to happen. Posting this in the clear, as an ante up in the realm of emotional blackmail via publicity, may not cast them in a good light; but surely, it does not cast you in such shades, either.

Might it be a better use of this forum's intent and populace to state the initial technical problem with the particular optic, and the context with which the deficiency was identified or first made apparent?

https://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/aimpoint-h-1.1374/

Your earlier link was no-joy for me, so I got there via search function; i'm guessing it has to do with the link going to a specific post vs link going to the thread.

That said, if you posted all of that on Saturday, and you are having the above response today on Tuesday; does that seem a rapid escalation to you?
It may seem like that. But my first email to them was on Oct 1st.

This is the first email I sent them.

"
I have micro H-1 2moa that when I try to adjust from setting 11 or 12 to any setting lower the dot goes completely out.

I had just changed the battery on my birthday in Aug as I do with all my battery optics. But to be on the safe side I replaced it with a brand new energizer CR2032 and the same thing.

I doubled checked and triple checked to make sure the battery cover was closed completely.

Are there any other trouble shooting steps I should take?"

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
I'm fixating a bit on the presentation, which is my bad; but what seems most important to me is getting the issue resolved. I'm with LC207, calling seems the next logical step.

Following that, I'd call or write the dealer from whom it was purchased, if it wasn't a direct sale, or call one of their larger dealers (ie. strohman) and ask their counsel.

I'm fixating a bit on the presentation, which is my bad; but what seems most important to me is getting the issue resolved. I'm with LC207, calling seems the next logical step.

Following that, I'd call or write the dealer from whom it was purchased, if it wasn't a direct sale, or call one of their larger dealers (ie. strohman) and ask their counsel.
Not so much bad as mine. By the time I posted this I was just mad and fed up. I can handle a go screw yourself etc but no replies at all is just worse to me than a go screw yourself!

At this point. I'm done with it. Now just to find a replacement.

Sorry for the confusion on my part I should have had a better intro but was just ready to vent last night.

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
What are internet strangers for, if not both giving the opportunity to vent but also keeping same within bounds? :)

Lining up a replacement will allow you to get the malf'ing unit fixed at your convenience - leaving you two functional Aimpoints. That is a good state to be in.

That said, whom do you expect to be ordering from? If you're on the job or in the services, Strohman Enterprises provides ridiculously fast turnarounds. You could also pick his brain about repair/warranty options, simultaneously. :D

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Contacted the vendor that my t1 was purchased through and they connected me with their rep. Spent 15 min on the phone and he gave an RMA and address to send it to. Took 9 weeks to get back as they sent it to Sweden to replace the switch assembly. Completely smooth process over the phone, however I have a similar email experience as the OP.
Basically the T1 couldn't take any bump or it would cut out completely and the turret seemed excessively loose. Did the same as the OP; changed the battery, made sure the cap was tight (stock cap, not the kac version). This was basically the troubleshooting process the rep wanted me to go through before sending it off.
Also note that there was no email confirmation with a tracking number for return shipping, even checked the bulk mail folder. It basically showed up at my doorstep 9 weeks later. This didn't bother me at all, but it would have been nice to have a status update that it was done and on its way back.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

So I finally got ahold of someone one via the old fashion telephone!!!! Did not even have to wait but I did have to push a fee button to talk to real live person!!!! Hurray!!!!!! The gentleman was just that on the phone. Took all my info and then asked what's wrong with it?

So I tell him that simply dot will only work on 11 & 12.

He's super nice gives me a RMA number and the address to ship to. So this last Monday is
two weeks per the tracking number. Since all of this started I came up with an average Tim to repair from several forums, facebook, etc and while this is not scientific it is just averages and I come up with 5.6 weeks befor I hear anything from aim point or receive my optic in then mail out of the blue.

After looking back over this whole deal the thing that should have stood out like a sore thumb was that they even took supports claims via email.

Any company of any size would never want to try and track RMA, received, fixed , broken can't fix, send back to cust via email.

There is just no real way to an email based system ro work reliable . There are lots of off the shelf software workforce flow management systems that can work for small to mid size company's and everyone of them is going to have "customer interface portal".

You see them all the time.
Name
Last name
Address
Email address
What's wrong with the product

Then hit the submit button.

This sets off a while chain of events

First it sends and email to the customer to let them know we received your claim and will get back in touch with you once we have been able to review it.

At the same time customer portal info will be dropped in a work queue for the next vacant person to look at.

Next person that's shows vacant gets this ticket sent to their work queue. They review decide it's a valid claim and send over to customer notifications work queue. Same thing happen and they send and email to the customer stating you have a valid claim and here is you RMA number please ship it back us to look at.

You get the point. If you own a company's you want to be able to track everything and put it into some kind of report to look at daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.

Anyone who has been in business for them selves can tell you reports either make you or break you. You have to be able to understand the info coming out of them to know that RMA for the last 3 quarters has been down 50% and you have 5 people sort of setting around doing nothing while out processing/shipping has increased 126% and they need help. So move a few guys from RMA over to shipping and save money.

Long story for this I know.

Point is I am still young I have never in any industry had success with support via one way standard email. Just to many things to go wrong,

So if you happen to be in the workforce software management industry you might want to put some feelers out to Aimpoint.

From my iPhone
Its late and I'm tired so please disregard my many typos and grammar.

Maybe just maybe this issues is about to be over. I just got a package delivery email from UPS from Aimpoint.

It should be here tomorrow! Will be so glad to finally bring this to an end!

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Glad to hear it! I agree, my place of employment has a setup similar to what you describe for work orders and other requests. Fill out form and click submit; sends email to you, management, and respective dept; acknowledgement email sent and work is performed. Done. And it works well, usually within 12 hours for a worldwide system. *shrugs* usually much easier than trying to get someone on the phone initially

I'm wondering what step got skipped with my RO that a completion/shipping notice wasn't issued. As mentioned before, I came home one day and there it sat on the entry mat via UPS (if remembering right).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk