30mm Mount Options

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
An optic is only as good as it's mount, and I'm soon to be in the market for a 30mm mount for a to-be-purchased LPVO. I'm looking for a 1.93" mount, because I plan to do more shooting with it standing than prone, but don't want to go full-skyscraper with a 2.04" mount.

Are there any good 30mm, 1.93" mounts on the market for under $250? Under $150? Can I get a standard Aero 30mm mount and put spacers under it and achieve the same effect? (I doubt it, but I figure I'd ask)

If I had the cash I'd just get the Geissele 1.93" and be done with it, but that much cash would take a long time for me to build up and I'd consider just spending it on a better optic, putting me back where I am now.

RallyMech

Amateur

MPer15

Amateur
I've had the Larue 1.93 VFZ for several months and am very happy. I haven't beat it up but it's held zero for +/- 2000 rounds and I find the head position very natural for up drills, but not so high it's hard to shoot prone. Hoping to get it to a carbine class in the next few months but work isn't cooperating.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
There's the Midwest Industries 1.93" for $185
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.co...Mount-with-1-4-in-Offset-p/mi-qd30smh-blk.htm

Larue 1.93" VFZ for $183 or QD for $232.
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-spr-m4-1-93-mount-qd-lt135/

I am not aware of a spacer for 1.54 -> 1.93, however there is the YHM 0.500" spacer to go from 1.54" to 2.04" for $41. Kind of a ghetto solution, but allegedly it works.
https://yhm.net/scope-riser.html

Thanks, this was what I needed. I'm probably not going to go the YHM riser route (Like you said, pretty ghetto), but I'll keep it in mind. I might get a .5" riser from amazon and run it under my current red dot to get a feel for the higher mounts.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
I also have a 1.93 Larue mount that I've had a 1-4 Accupoint in for awhile. I've been very happy with it, nothing's come loose and no shift of zero. I have a .5 YHM mount that I used to see how I liked the higher mounts before I bought the dedicated high mount.

I have the ADM recon h mount, its 1.93 for the 30mm model and I love it. Had it for over a year now and have swapped it back and forth between a few uppers and never had any issues. They retail at 195 but you can usually find a place that has a deal or a discount code.

tact

I’d recommend the Geiselle even if you had to save up a little, but if not the MI 1.93 mount is pretty good. I feel it’s definitely better than any Larue mount and prefer it over ADM and even Bobro........and it’s priced pretty well.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
I’d recommend the Geiselle even if you had to save up a little, but if not the MI 1.93 mount is pretty good. I feel it’s definitely better than any Larue mount and prefer it over ADM and even Bobro........and it’s priced pretty well.

I have no doubt that the Geiselle mount is superior in every way it isn't equal to almost anything else on the market, but $325 is beyond my ability. Like I said in my original post, "If I had the cash..."

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
I'm not sure on the weight, but the standard height mount is 6.9 oz. per the internet. I would imagine that the 1.93 is just slightly heavier due to the higher risers. Midwest is 8.7 oz per their website, so a bit heavier.

Right now I have my optic on a 13.7" gun, and I haven't found it to be overly heavy, although I haven't used it much besides a two day class and some practice.

MPer15

Amateur
I'm also not sure on exact weight but it feels a bit heavier than my aero but a bit lighter than my ADM scout. Least scientific assessment ever but if you have one of those you can get an idea.

JLL2013

Geissele runs 20% off sales on major holidays. If you can wait/use that time to accumulate the funds the mount will be $260 at that point.