1100 Donor Gun

SFPD2010

Amateur
My Aunt recently asked me if I wanted an older 1100 that was my uncle’s. This gun hold no sentimental value for any of us, but she did ask that I not just turn around and sell it. Doesn’t care what I do to it, just don’t sell it. Thought maybe I’d try and make a poor man’s 3 gun set up out of it, but I have some questions

1) Will 1187 parts fit on a 1100 gun?
2) What’s the availability of say a 18 or 20 barrel with a simple bead?
3) Is this project even worth it?

Thank you for any insight everyone may have.

Greg "Sully" Sullivan

Too Established
Vendor
VIP
The 1100 and 1187 barrels are not interchangeable. Most of the small parts inside the bolt and trigger system are the same between models, and some of these parts will also swap out with the 870. As for the availability of barrels, new factory ones can be found but you will have to search around sometimes, local gunshops and gunshows can be a good source sometimes, if you are an internet searched then you can often find these at places like Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, Ebay, etc.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

shoobe01

Established
What configuration is it in now? Barrel length, chamber size? It may take minor fussing (changing sleeves to match port and ammo) to get it to run reliably after a barrel change.

Why bead vs better sights? Rifle sights were common enough I think even in the 18.5" barrels if you find one. Or nothing, and dot the thing? There are a good variety of bolt on and no-gunsmithing saddle mounts to get this done.

But also, here:
Dunno why eBay doesn't consider shotguns dangerous but even there they sell 1100 bits all the way to exactly what you asked for. But, not very cheap.

Normally I'd also suggest discussing cutting the barrel bit less so for gas guns because the port size is tuned to the barrel and chamber so... lots of variables there. Needs more 1100 experts to weigh in on those details.

SFPD2010

Amateur
What configuration is it in now? Barrel length, chamber size? It may take minor fussing (changing sleeves to match port and ammo) to get it to run reliably after a barrel change.

Why bead vs better sights? Rifle sights were common enough I think even in the 18.5" barrels if you find one. Or nothing, and dot the thing? There are a good variety of bolt on and no-gunsmithing saddle mounts to get this done.

But also, here:
Dunno why eBay doesn't consider shotguns dangerous but even there they sell 1100 bits all the way to exactly what you asked for. But, not very cheap.

Normally I'd also suggest discussing cutting the barrel bit less so for gas guns because the port size is tuned to the barrel and chamber so... lots of variables there. Needs more 1100 experts to weigh in on those details.
Sorry, those are important factors for sure.
12 Gauge
2 3/4,
26 ribbed with a bead Barrel