Reinforcing a fragile ecosystem

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Social media provides a fragile ecosystem of pertinent info and public figures that can be bolstered by shares or crumbled by negative reactions. Nowhere else can we find poser "experts" who only need their own self worth alone to be reinforced by clueless followers to create fake validity. Facts can be down voted and myth replaces truth all based on popularity. The meek and timid mouse who shys away in person and public can be a loud mouthed bully and the actual experts in their respective fields are disregarded because a popular know nothing says so.

Likes, shares, and subscribers are the currency of this fake world. Thoughtful content, truthful discourse, and pinpoint insights are quickly skipped over in favor of meaningless and mindless opinion and fake yet popular data.

Many people don't understand the power of association. There are people who collect social media "friends" for influence by proxy. Many see that association and assume they must be on par with the actual experts. The collectors leverage these "friends" as a replacement for actual experience/knowledge/insights. Truly influential people who blindly accept social media "friends" unknowingly are providing cred to those fake "friends".

This is absolutely bizarre, but with the death of critical thinking, people are more easily duped into believing anything. People who strive only for relevance will take advantage of others to gain their shallow following. People who don't care will help this continue.

To help combat these trends it is important that you reinforce and help those sources that you have found to be beneficial. Most companies and figures have multiple avenues on the internet- YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Seek out those positive sources and give them likes, shares, and subscriptions. That reinforcement helps fight that constant battle against the irrelevant.

pointblank4445

Established
Nowhere else can we find poser "experts" who only need their own self worth alone to be reinforced by clueless followers to create fake validity.

Likes, shares, and subscribers are the currency of this fake world.

YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Seek out those positive sources and give them likes, shares, and subscriptions. That reinforcement helps fight that constant battle against the irrelevant.

Why do we insist on playing to the rules of a rigged game that does not want us? Feeding the beast that wants to kill us? What's the line from "Cabin in the Woods"?
"Maybe the system needs to fail...we're just too chicken shit to let it".

I like give credit where credit is due. If you have something worth a damn, I'll buy it or come to your class if you teach it. I'm not so sure watching a video long enough, bumping social media stats, or having to endure annoying ads on modcasts EVERY 9 fucking minutes is on me.

In playing the game, it seems like this happens more often than not:

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Why do we insist on playing to the rules of a rigged game that does not want us? Feeding the beast that wants to kill us? What's the line from "Cabin in the Woods"?
"Maybe the system needs to fail...we're just too chicken shit to let it".

I like give credit where credit is due. If you have something worth a damn, I'll buy it or come to your class if you teach it. I'm not so sure watching a video long enough, bumping social media stats, or having to endure annoying ads on modcasts EVERY 9 fucking minutes is on me.

In playing the game, it seems like this happens more often than not:

I say my favorite phrase about every episode - support those sources that you have found to be beneficial.
Likes, subscriptions, and shares help spread the word on a good source for people who may not be aware because the algorithms aren't helping..

TMMS

Social media provides a fragile ecosystem of pertinent info and public figures that can be bolstered by shares or crumbled by negative reactions. Nowhere else can we find poser "experts" who only need their own self worth alone to be reinforced by clueless followers to create fake validity. Facts can be down voted and myth replaces truth all based on popularity. The meek and timid mouse who shys away in person and public can be a loud mouthed bully and the actual experts in their respective fields are disregarded because a popular know nothing says so.

Likes, shares, and subscribers are the currency of this fake world. Thoughtful content, truthful discourse, and pinpoint insights are quickly skipped over in favor of meaningless and mindless opinion and fake yet popular data.

Many people don't understand the power of association. There are people who collect social media "friends" for influence by proxy. Many see that association and assume they must be on par with the actual experts. The collectors leverage these "friends" as a replacement for actual experience/knowledge/insights. Truly influential people who blindly accept social media "friends" unknowingly are providing cred to those fake "friends".

This is absolutely bizarre, but with the death of critical thinking, people are more easily duped into believing anything. People who strive only for relevance will take advantage of others to gain their shallow following. People who don't care will help this continue.

To help combat these trends it is important that you reinforce and help those sources that you have found to be beneficial. Most companies and figures have multiple avenues on the internet- YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Seek out those positive sources and give them likes, shares, and subscriptions. That reinforcement helps fight that constant battle against the irrelevant.
One thing that I'd consider absolutely critical for any firearms trainer is to practice link consolidation via LinkTree or other link consolidation service to access their content, writing, and coursework on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, EventBrite, Wordpress Blog, etc.) (which are always subject to change for firearms content producers).

Here is an example of Link consolidation put to good use: https://linktr.ee/onherownlife

It makes it much easier for "evangelists" of better gun information to share sources of good info.