RCS Eidolon

ROMPER

Amateur
Having a "gun pointed in the area of my junk" was weird for the first couple days but that should never be a reason not to try appendix carry. Think about all the years you've had a pistol pointed at your thigh or ass cheek...

Not that I would want to get shot.....but if I had my druthers......would take one in the thigh or ass cheek over a the beans and frank any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays. ;-)

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Having a "gun pointed in the area of my junk" was weird for the first couple days but that should never be a reason not to try appendix carry. Think about all the years you've had a pistol pointed at your thigh or ass cheek...

Not that I would want to get shot.....but if I had my druthers......would take one in the thigh or ass cheek over a the beans and frank any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays. ;-)

Romper, this isn't about you; I'm just latching onto a phrase I saw in your post.

No reason to get shot in either. An awful lot of people seem to eliminate AIWB as a carry option because they don't want to shoot themselves there...none of us want to shoot ourselves there. Or anywhere else. That's like refusing to fly commercial because you don't want to be part of a terrorist attack; the odds are SO low that it's not really a useful fear.

If you pull the trigger while the gun's pointed at yourself, you'll shoot yourself, regardless of the kind of holster you bought. If you don't, you won't, regardless of the kind of holster you bought. Saying "but it's more likely" doesn't matter if it's still less likely than getting hit twice in 5 minutes by lightning.

- Jake

ROMPER

Amateur
No worries Jake. Its all good bro. I am sure I am not doing it right (the AIWB thing).....but am willing to give it a try as a lot of people I respect seem to dig it. Always been a strong side OWB kind of a guy.....same place as duty gun. But am not arrogant enough to believe by any means that just because I am not currently doing this that I never will be.
I will buy one when the become commercially available and give it a go.......as far as expert advise, I have Matt Jacques coming over here in May, and I know he is big on them.....so we will give it a go.

R

TAC450

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner
I personally am not a fan of AIWB carry... It's got nothing to do with possibly blowing my dick off (a small chance in hell of that, but my nuts would surely get hit!)... For me it is a comfort thing. Perhaps I have been doing it wrong over the year and I am positioning the gun in the wrong spot, but I have never been able to find a comfortable zone for the weapon to ride in the AIWB position. I've tried it repeatedly but I always end up gut checked by the gun.
I think that is why I like the Eidolon so much. I wore the gun AIWB for a week and hated it every time I sat down.. Nothing to do with the holster, simply because I have the butt of the gun digging into my gut and the barrel/slide jabbing me in the balls.
Maybe... Maybe someday I'll read a step by step guide to AIWB carry and suddenly light bulbs will power on, but until then I'll stick with strong side IWB. Luckily the Eidolon is perfect for that and in a mere 2mins my holster was completely turned into a IWB carry holster.
Seriously.... Eidolon rocks!

.308holes

Victory First
No worries Jake. Its all good bro. I am sure I am not doing it right (the AIWB thing).....but am willing to give it a try as a lot of people I respect seem to dig it. Always been a strong side OWB kind of a guy.....same place as duty gun. But am not arrogant enough to believe by any means that just because I am not currently doing this that I never will be.
I will buy one when the become commercially available and give it a go.......as far as expert advise, I have Matt Jacques coming over here in May, and I know he is big on them.....so we will give it a go.

R
I have a prescription for you ailment, we will get it ironed out.

.308holes

Victory First
I personally am not a fan of AIWB carry... It's got nothing to do with possibly blowing my dick off (a small chance in hell of that, but my nuts would surely get hit!)... For me it is a comfort thing. Perhaps I have been doing it wrong over the year and I am positioning the gun in the wrong spot, but I have never been able to find a comfortable zone for the weapon to ride in the AIWB position. I've tried it repeatedly but I always end up gut checked by the gun.
I think that is why I like the Eidolon so much. I wore the gun AIWB for a week and hated it every time I sat down.. Nothing to do with the holster, simply because I have the butt of the gun digging into my gut and the barrel/slide jabbing me in the balls.
Maybe... Maybe someday I'll read a step by step guide to AIWB carry and suddenly light bulbs will power on, but until then I'll stick with strong side IWB. Luckily the Eidolon is perfect for that and in a mere 2mins my holster was completely turned into a IWB carry holster.
Seriously.... Eidolon rocks!

What are you trying to conceal? You working that Shield still? I can tell you with 100% certainty, and the conversations of others, the longer the slide, the more comfortable the AIWB will be. I have carried G26, Shield, G19, G17, FNS, 1911's... all AIWB. Since working on the Eidolon project, I have gone back to an ATEi / SweatyMuddyBloody G17 with a Sentinel Designs Magwell as an EDC, all on an Ares Gear Aegis. Try a longer slide gun, and you HAVE to give it some time to get used to it. I often describe it to guys that it is much like buying new underwear and putting it on with out washing.....it is uncomfortable at first, but a little time and movement, it will become comfortable.

tact

I was against AIWB for several years, but after I weighed the pros and cons I gave it a shot. Admittedly the first day I was a bit of a nervous wreck. I got over it took some FOF classes and will only carry AIWB. I don't have a problem with the comfort issue and find it extremely easy to conceal in this position under any type of movement. I quickly realized my draw was faster and I was able to access the weapon with either hand which I feel is important. I've just been running a Bladetech but very interested in trying RCSs newest offering.

TAC450

I was against AIWB for several years, but after I weighed the pros and cons I gave it a shot. Admittedly the first day I was a bit of a nervous wreck. I got over it took some FOF classes and will only carry AIWB. I don't have a problem with the comfort issue and find it extremely easy to conceal in this position under any type of movement. I quickly realized my draw was faster and I was able to access the weapon with either hand which I feel is important. I've just been running a Bladetech but very interested in trying RCSs newest offering.

You won't regret it if you pick up the Eidolon... AIWB or IWB, this thing is called the Sirloin for a reason!

iPhone using Tapatalk

TAC450

Set aside 1hr & a 5th of Bourbon to set it up... Lots of pieces and parts come with it. Lots of attempts to "get it right".
Test it with the pants/belt you wear most often.
Once you get it... You'll get it!

iPhone using Tapatalk

ptrlcop

Established
Set aside 1hr & a 5th of Bourbon to set it up... Lots of pieces and parts come with it. Lots of attempts to "get it right".
Test it with the pants/belt you wear most often.
Once you get it... You'll get it!

iPhone using Tapatalk
Got mine today and I agree. I haven't quite got mine "right". Maybe we could start having people show how theirs is set up. I don't think I understand all the possibilities just by reading the instructions.

TomF

Mine is pretty simple. "Wing" attached to the side, no "wedge."

Single soft loop mounted below the trigger guard, just like the VG2 is set up. It is what I am used to after carrying with a VG2 for so many years. Ediolon provides better concealment, more consistent draw, and ability to reholster. I can feel more material against my body, but I wouldn't say it is any less comfortable.

BBS

I can carry a G17 comfortably with no printing in jeans and a t. The clips make the system, imo. This thing is amazing. Get me a clear version with light capability, and I'll buy another one, but considering how many different lights exist, that may take a while.