Holosun 507k: Viable on full size pistols?

Hstanton1

Amateur
Can anyone see any merit to having a smaller footprint optic on a full-size gun?
Would the ability to co witness with non suppressor night sights be any kind of advantage, or is the small window and presumable decreases durability going to overshadow any kind of niche benefit that this optic might have on a gun other than a very slim profile pistol?

Hstanton1

Amateur
For guns like Glocks, that’s about all I can think of and that’s not much of an issue to begin with, at least not one that can’t be solved without the right holster. Could mount easier to classic CZs though.

MOT

I know it’s not related to the original post but do y’all think there may be any utility for the 507k as an offset for rifles with scopes?

Hstanton1

Amateur
I know it’s not related to the original post but do y’all think there may be any utility for the 507k as an offset for rifles with scopes?
Potentially, but I see less of a benefit here. On a pistol you get the benefit of a potentially less printing package, less mechanical offset, and the ability to co witness with a wider variety of sights. That being said, the smaller window probably wouldn’t be as big of a deal on a rifle since you have a cheek or chin weld on it

Vista461

Amateur
I thought the 507k may be a solution for the Beretta 92 since it has the built in rear sight, but I can’t find anyone that makes a suppressor height front sight for the non .22 version. Just spitballing, since I love the 92 and would like a red dot on one. :)

Hstanton1

Amateur
I thought the 507k may be a solution for the Beretta 92 since it has the built in rear sight, but I can’t find anyone that makes a suppressor height front sight for the non .22 version. Just spitballing, since I love the 92 and would like a red dot on one. :)
I’d be super excited about that too. I know Langdon is working on that at the moment, I’m not sure how he’s doing it though. He feels like the slide would have to be built for a red dot, not just milled for one.