American Fighting Revolver….a new beginning.

nyeti

Staff member
This is Darryl Bolke, co owner of www.americanfightingrevolver.com. Some may remember me from the glory days of gun forums. I left most of them after being frustrated with the “everyone’s opinion is equal” and watching many experienced professionals being chased off because arguing with many posters was not worth the effort. In my case, I simply went to social media and did my own thing. The big social media platforms were simply easier for many of us.

Recently, places like Meta and Patreon have gone full Pravda with deplatforming and restricting content from the firearms community. Bryan Eastridge and I formed American Fighting Revolver to build a revolver dedicated page outside Meta to share content and we did that on Patreon. Big mistake as they nuked us and confiscated our funds. This was because of sharing a Lipsey’s video on the new UC J frames that was a project we worked on. Our crime was “facilitating the distribution of firearms”….yep, that was entirely legal while the same Patreon was allowing Marijuana production pages. It forced us back to our own website and to use a paywall ($5 a month) that takes the trolls and problems out of the equation.
Many have seen us on Modcasts in the past. I spoke with Matt Landfair and offered to return to the P&S forum to moderate Revolver content. I will generally be staying out of everything else, and hopefully those who think revolver use is ridiculous will hopefully just scroll on by and we can use this platform for a sharing of information.
We can have some good discussions here. Currently a lot of folks are wanting to be revolver “experts” because of a recent resurgence in popularity that we have been the driving force on with being the people who started revolver round up, and doing a lot of specific training on these guns in the days when today’s “revolver experts” were throwing stones at us. So, with that I will warn people now that I am not very tolerant of gun shop myths, lore and general posting of theory unproven by any experience. Otherwise, we encourage learning and expanding knowledge and context discussions.
Let’s have some low stress fun in here.
DB aka Bad Santa

Ber92

Thanks DB. It's a shame that this has happened to American Fighting Revolver and other gun related content on Meta, including obviously Primary and Secondary. Thanks for what you and Bryan are doing and bringing awesome revolver content and history to us.

JimH

After a few years away, I made it back to P&S because of the addition of the AFR section. I also joined the AFR $5 club. I don't throw any stones, but back in the 80's I did make fun of the old guys with the small hammerless revolvers and the larger scoped ones. Now I find a myself carrying a front pocket .38 LCR most of the time, and having fun on the range messing around with scoped GP100's.....
I have always enjoyed reading the no BS content that P&S has, and it has helped me make good decisions over the years. I started saving up for a 642UC, and look forward to reading about people's experiences and ammunition choices with it.

nyeti

Staff member
After a few years away, I made it back to P&S because of the addition of the AFR section. I also joined the AFR $5 club. I don't throw any stones, but back in the 80's I did make fun of the old guys with the small hammerless revolvers and the larger scoped ones. Now I find a myself carrying a front pocket .38 LCR most of the time, and having fun on the range messing around with scoped GP100's.....
I have always enjoyed reading the no BS content that P&S has, and it has helped me make good decisions over the years. I started saving up for a 642UC, and look forward to reading about people's experiences and ammunition choices with it.
At least I was shooting a red dot sighted GP100 in 1990. We are often cyclical. A lot of young cops could learn a lot from those officers who worked deep undercover in the 70’s and 80’s. We do not work undercover operations like that very much these days because it is so dangerous. Our goal is to provide context to the past and hopefully take lessons and see if they may offer some solutions to the today’s problems.

Seth Thompson

Glad to see you guys here.

I started police work in the middle of the transition in my area to semi-autos. I was dismissive of the "old-time wheel guns" back then, but ended up carrying a 442, then a 642 as my constant patrol backup guns. I also began getting interested in service-size wheelguns. Nowadays, I actually own more revolvers than autos. I am always interested in the mechanics, history, and effective use of revolvers. :)

Carrion

P&S ModCast “Snubby Lessons” from December 2023 opened my eyes to a whole new world. Always have thought of revolvers as cowboy guns or old Wild West guns and didn’t fit today’s high speed ninja backflips. After hearing some of the finer points of revolvers I’m define looking forward to learning more- possibly employing a revolver on duty.

The crazy thing is when I hear these guys talk about “back in the day” it almost seems like all these skills and knowledge about revolvers was in fact - common knowledge that the patrol guys lived every day- Unreal!

J Wagner

I look forward to discussions here. I was a police officer in the early 1980s, when 90%+ of officers and deputies in my area carried revolvers. The Virginia regional academies did not even have a course of fire for students carrying revolvers. At the gun club where I'm a member, we have a revolver shoot about once a year, to reintroduce members to revolvers.