Zev Pro Magwell for Gen 5 Glocks 17/34

HopsCop17

Amateur
Some FYI for anyone looking to run a Zev Pro Magwell for Gen 5 Glocks. Based on my experience the design of the Zev magwell causes the flared edges of the Glock magwell to squeeze inward causing my factory 17 round magazines to not fall completely free. They will fall about 1/2 way out before stopping. When using magazines with extensions (I’m currently using TTI +6) they fall free albeit slightly slower than I would like. Some magpul mags will fall free but I believe that is because they are skinnier and do not have as much contact with the inside of the frame as factory magazines do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HopsCop17

Amateur
7fe92c3f74ae7d77e771a2b87b120dbd.jpg

I should add I added the Warren Grip Assist today, but was experiencing the problem before putting it on so I know it’s not that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue with that magwell. One on a gen5 19 and another on a 19x. In my case, the problem was that my pinky was pushing down on the magwell, causing the frame to flex inward and contact the mag. I fixed it with a dab of 5200 on the front of the magwell, basically gluing it to the front of the frame. Mags drop free now and the 5200 has held up for over a year so far.

HopsCop17

Amateur
I had a similar issue with that magwell. One on a gen5 19 and another on a 19x. In my case, the problem was that my pinky was pushing down on the magwell, causing the frame to flex inward and contact the mag. I fixed it with a dab of 5200 on the front of the magwell, basically gluing it to the front of the frame. Mags drop free now and the 5200 has held up for over a year so far.
Mine will stick even if I just use one thumb and finger to press the release and hold the gun. I'm finding that the more I use it however the more likely they will drop free, especially my extended mags. I am contemplating getting some 400 grit sand paper and wrapping it around a magazine and working it in and out (phrasing) to see if that helps at all.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I was going to suggest you might be able to sand/file a bit to get a slightly looser fit. Go a little at a time and check regularly so as not to overdo it

I have the same issue with my G45. Mags with extensions seem to drop without assistance, but all my stock mags get stuck. I was thinking about sanding before I looked online, now I've confirmed I'll do a little sanding