XH35 Switch Housing Height

uwaeve

I contacted Surefire a couple times about this and haven't gotten any response. Does anyone have an XH35 that can tell me the height between the rail and the new switch housing? Trying to see if it still leaves enough room for a reasonable iron sight picture when mounted at 12 o'clock on an AR. I'm betting a lower-1/3-cowitness-mounted red dot still clears it fine, but not sure about an absolute-cowitness-mounted or the standard-height irons.

Thanks in advance.

1524236771842.png

I don't have the specific height, but for me it does NOT give ample clearance for an iron sight picture, the switch "hump" is too tall to be usable in that way for me. It is totally fine (for me) while using a LPVO with a 1.93 height mount though.20180311_152904.jpg

uwaeve

Sort of what I was afraid of. I bet the front sight post is very close to the same height, and even if it technically clears it, there’s probably nothing but a tiny bit of the post revealed, not enough to make for a reasonable picture? Don’t go measuring or checking on my account, just wondering if that’s what you remember.

Too bad because that seems like it’d be a great light at a thousand lumens, though clearly there are ways to make it work (dump or offset the BUIS, move the light away from 12:00, etc).

Thanks for the prompt reply.