X300U on a carbine mounting question

K Williams

Anyone know of a method to eliminate the forward/rearward play on the Surefire pistol lights when mounted on a carbine?

I can't find the small baggie that came with the light with alternate mounting hardware. Putting this on a short .300 BO gun on the 12 o'clock rail.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone put tin foil on their rail then slid the light on. Not sure if it was with a newer generation X300 or even a U boat.

karmapolice

Amateur
That's a trick Defoor uses. I don't mind it a tad loose as I'd rather be able to get it off some what easy to change the batteries vs it being tight as crap.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Correction; it may not be QD, depending on how much you tighten it. It's possible to tighten that tension screw enough to eliminate wobble without making it impossible to remove without tools...but most of us prefer "farmer-tight".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air.177

I used that kit on mine along with the unity tactical "wings" and the dual mode xm tailcap and it worked great except I had to pull the whole thing apart to replace batteries. Had no issues with wiggles/wobbles though.

english kanigit

Tactical Crossfit
I actually prefer using that sliding lock-bar arrangement on both pistols and rifles. It is very much a QD system and is much easier to mount and dismount the light as I only have to worry about pulling it off the rail and not muck with the spring loaded tabs too.

Ek

TJ208

I connected mine with a EXO and it feels too tight. I have to kick it off to change batteries out. But I run my rifle in the front passenger seat where it is banged against everything. This at least keeps the light from getting bumped on and killing its 1.5 hour battery life.

54c41002c9facf46d9101f45f4c41019.jpg
c36f712b3b41bf5ec48859dba5edf0e5.jpg
6f667a774d9f7c7134b1e8591771cc32.jpg
dd2a1c5eb55239f97bf086196a07b091.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regdudedrtyjob

I had the problem with my x300 being loose on my P2000. I took some duct tape, made little strips out of it, then used those on the top of the x300 under the rail, and on the rear part of the X300 where it butts up against the front of the trigger guard. Works well for me. YMMV.

patriot_man

Just saw this but if you still need the bag of small X300 mounting stuff, PM me. I'll send it to you, less the universal mount (on my light).

Also for those of you who are looking at a new handguard or thinking about potentially upgrading in the future and use the X300; I've found that the X300 mounted on a Magpul short rail on a Geissele SMR Mk8 will allow the battery hinge to open all the way. Therefore no need to remove it from the gun to change batteries and can stay there indefinitely.