Would People Be Interested In Having A Bag That Is Protected From EMP For Their Electronic Gear?

Would People Be Interested In Having A Bag That Is Protected From EMP For Their Electronic Gear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChessEcho

Hello,

Currently I am representing a manufacturer of Faraday Bags that you can put your cell phone or laptop in for protection from electronic eavesdropping. We are thinking of putting out a line of gear that has the Electronic Lining to protect the scopes, night-vision devices, and anything else electronic you might want protected. Some of the lines we are thinking are: Small Padded Pouches to place NVG's in (Capable of being placed on body armor or in a Pack), Red-Dot Scope pouches for when not in use; E.G., In Storage, Ammo can liners that can handle a multiple of items, and of course rifle bags.

These bags can be used for L/E, Military, and anyone else who would like to protect anything electronic from an EMP Pulse.

The bags are Homeland Security Certified and are currently being used by said agency.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for constructive criticism, what you are willing to pay, and anything else you may feel is important.

Thank you in advance!

shoobe01

Established
I am sure you could sell plenty because the EMP fear is widespread, so go for it, but I voted no because personally have zero concern about any of the small electronics as you have listed (have NODs, clipon, thermal, lasers, etc) suffering damage from such an event.

If I did, I'd likely just add a layer by storing the ones that are not mounted or in use in an existing ESD compliant hard box like one of my LewisBins with a lid, in the cage, in the arms room.

ChessEcho

I am sure you could sell plenty because the EMP fear is widespread, so go for it, but I voted no because personally have zero concern about any of the small electronics as you have listed (have NODs, clipon, thermal, lasers, etc) suffering damage from such an event.

If I did, I'd likely just add a layer by storing the ones that are not mounted or in use in an existing ESD compliant hard box like one of my LewisBins with a lid, in the cage, in the arms room.

Thank you for the candor. This is basically what I'm looking for before I tell the company to go forward or not. We are not trying to sell off fear, but are trying to fill a possible niche market.