Worth it to put a comp on a G22 ?

Vista461

Amateur
My understanding standing is (and I may be wrong) that comps worth better with higher velocity bullets.

Would the juice be worth the squeeze on a G22 running 180 grn HST’s?

It would be for carry and HD, and I’ll likely be getting it milled for a red dot.

It was my first duty gun (RTF2 with gills) and I bought it from my last Dept when we went to Gen4 G22’s.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
.40 has plenty of pressure (which is the important factor, not velocity) for comps.

A 22 with a comp is a big piece to carry. If it’s a smaller comp it may not be as effective.

Mike_IA

A comp can be worth the squeeze on high pressure rounds like 40, 357Sig, full house 10mm, 9mm Major, etc. but it is marginal gains, especially noticeable but capable shooters while on the move and/or shooting multiple targets.

When buying a comp, if you choose that route, speak to the company and see what their design principles and testing parameters were- the best comps will be tuned to specific guns and loads or chamber pressures. If the company can’t give you that info or talks about “how sweat it looks” you maybe looking at a ‘gram darling and not one that will be a performance additive.