Why does Staccato recommend against using grease?

Hi, got another question regarding Staccato pistols. In the owner manual Staccato recommends using oil instead of grease to lubricate their pistols; anyone know why they don’t recommend using grease? This is coming from someone who uses Slip2000 EWG in basically everything (Glock 19’s, AR, Beretta 1301.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointblank4445

Established
Because for good and bad, grease stays put. It also collects little bits of dust, carbon etc. and can and will eventually become lapping compound on your gun if left to do so on bearing surfaces if not degreased often enough or thoroughly enough. In typical fashion, I'm sure it's there to save people from themselves as most like to brag about how they don't clean guns and the "little is good, a lot is more gooder" philosophies exist.

...but that's just a guess.

JLL2013

Does anyone recommend grease?

Grease has a nasty habit of thickening in the cold, and by the cold we mean anything below 32°F. That causes reliability issues. The guns really don't need to be dripping wet, I can't think of what grease provides that oil doesn't on a pistol.
If you want a little thicker/stays put oil try the ALG Go Juice.

pointblank4445

Established
Does anyone recommend grease?

Grease has a nasty habit of thickening in the cold, and by the cold we mean anything below 32°F. That causes reliability issues. The guns really don't need to be dripping wet, I can't think of what grease provides that oil doesn't on a pistol.
If you want a little thicker/stays put oil try the ALG Go Juice.

Without going into the cleaning dogma road, the only reputable sources that I have found that promote any type of use of grease do so in very limited situations. Mostly it's on things like the mainspring (1911's and Berettas) that aren't accessed much and can stay put for long periods of time vs the oil which has movement and seepage.
I'll agree to disagree on that Go Juice...I find it bit on the thin side and it moves/seeps pretty good.

And also, I think we need to define: "Grease".
Are we talking TW25b or some of the thicker shop/SAE greases?