Which BCM 11.5” MCMR Upper?

Been wanting to try out an 11.5” BCM upper on my ADM Pistol Lower but the problem is, I don’t know which one. Should I go with the ELW, ELW-F, Standard, or the BFH? It would mostly be for Home Defense, going to the range to do some Target Shooting along with some Rifle Drills. I wouldn’t be shooting massive amounts of rounds down range at one time but would also like it to be a workhorse and take a beating if it had to.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
ELW is what I went with. The barrel profile appeals to me. There is no BFH option for the 11.5” length. If you’re not shooting large amounts it’s probably not even worth it to begin with. I have no experience with the fluted variant.

Wake27

I prefer BCM's BFH ELW model. If that isn't available, the ELW-F is the lightest you can get and many argue that the extra surface area from the fluting helps with barrel heat, so that is my second choice. I wish they offered every barrel length in a BFH ELW-F. You really can't go wrong with any of them, a lot of people just don't believe the extra weight of the government/non-ELW profiles is beneficial.

nightchief

Fighter of the Daychief
I like the BFH ELW barreled upper. I also prefer the profile of this barrel over the gov't profile. I have a KMR upper with this barrel. Runs very well, though its a little gassy suppressed.