Where is everyone?

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
There's actually significantly more traffic in recent time than years past. We're trying to encourage more because of bookface's less than ideal setup for thread retention amongst other issues . TLDR version, it's growing and that's a good thing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tmoore

I dont do any social media as well so forums is all i got. its not an extremely active forum but the people who are on here are defiantly as a whole more knowledgeable then you'll find anywhere else. the conversation is also way better than most any other firearms related forum. this and pistol_forum are my two favorites for sure.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
I can't say that the ease of fb shields us from alot of the derp that happens there cause well, it happens on other larger forums. Personally thats why I like that ours is still small. And sometimes it takes a while to get a response, which probably answers alot of that. So patience is a virtue here but the response will likely be on point when it does happen. Tapatalk for mobile makes it, kinda, like fb and easier on the go.

Runcibleman

I'm not complaining, all the advice and information I've gotten thus far has been absolutely exceptional, I just hear the mods on the podcasts talk about massive discussions that take place somewhere here, I just don't know where.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
I'm not complaining, all the advice and information I've gotten thus far has been absolutely exceptional, I just hear the mods on the podcasts talk about massive discussions that take place somewhere here, I just don't know where.
Didn't take it as that . Just discussion

JimH

I read every new post, pretty much every day. It's been worthwhile on several levels.

However, I don't think most of what I have to say is very profound, so I don't often share it.

I also try and read every new post, every day. While it might not be information I can use right now, to me it's kind of like trying to read the whole newspaper, front to back..

Kain

Discord cuts way back on the general chatting on here. The forum is like the well groomed front yard to the crazy drunken pool party on discord.

That said, yes there are a lot of discussions that really need to be brought over on here. So yes more threads here since people can post in more detail in a more concise format. This is important since I've run the discord character count to the max.

Anyway, that is my observation, gonna grab a brew and then heading back to the discords.

Bill Assande

Amateur
I'm starting to spend more time here than on FB, I still haven't gotten the hang of Discord yet. I find it hard to follow when I only checking it once or twice a day.

erwos

Amateur
If less activity means a better signal to noise ratio, perhaps that's not such a bad thing. I'm not a LEO or .mil guy, I'm not a high-ranked USPSA/IDPA shooter; 99% of my questions can be answered with Google, and my opinion is not worth a whole lot on most subjects.