when will I be able to dot my 92?

tmoore

I seem to remember Ernest Langdon hinting on some podcast that hes going to be announcing something big for the 92 series of guns some point soon. I have the feeling or I guess im just hoping it will be a red dot mounting solution that doesn't suck. that can totally happen any time now and I'd be ok with it... im gonna red dot my LTT so fuckn hard. possibly buy a threaded barrel and comp it as well...oh yeah baby.

tmoore

damn... perhaps no comp, didn't realize how spendy a good comp for the 92 is. that HEC comp is nice tho.

JLL2013

It's a polymer, striker fired, iron sight world.
Beretta is in the business of making money. I think it's a pretty easy argument that not enough people would buy this to make it worthwhile. We, the P&S community and those like us, are an extreme minority in the gun world.
One could argue that I'm wrong based on the new Walther Q5 SF. However, Beretta just debuted their 92X Competition pistol that's supposed to be their super good, maxxed out competition pistol on par with the Walther Q5 SF, CZ Shadow, etc. There's no provision for mounting an optic on that gun, my estimate is that Beretta just isn't interested in getting in that game. With it's frame mounted safety the 92X is really the ideal model to begin changing the slide profile.
I hope I'm wrong.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking myself. Why unlikely? I feel like that would be a popular item.

tmoore

^^^ good points. I often forget about the majority of the gun community being passively interested in guns. I spend so much time with my friends who are into serious training and competition that I forget we are a minority. But I too hope you are wrong.

It's a polymer, striker fired, iron sight world.
Beretta is in the business of making money. I think it's a pretty easy argument that not enough people would buy this to make it worthwhile. We, the P&S community and those like us, are an extreme minority in the gun world.
One could argue that I'm wrong based on the new Walther Q5 SF. However, Beretta just debuted their 92X Competition pistol that's supposed to be their super good, maxxed out competition pistol on par with the Walther Q5 SF, CZ Shadow, etc. There's no provision for mounting an optic on that gun, my estimate is that Beretta just isn't interested in getting in that game. With it's frame mounted safety the 92X is really the ideal model to begin changing the slide profile.
I hope I'm wrong.

the 92X's promo photos showed dots mounted, but IIRC they were more traditional frame-mounted dots and not slide-mounted.

they seem more interested in Open than Welfare Open