What's your preferred option for Staccato 2011 aftermarket grips?

I just recently purchased a Staccato C2 DPO T, and while I love the gun, the grip is a bit too big for me; I can't hit the mag release without shifting my grip or using my support hand to pull the gun into my dominant hand thumb. While that works, it's obviously not optimal, so I'd like to know your thoughts on any 2011 aftermarket grips that may exist on the market. (Currently I only know of Darkside Precision and Extreme Shooters, but obviously as the years go by more options could appear.) If you use aftermarket grips that include grip reductions, what is your preferred option and why?

Pic because why not.

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28

JLL2013

Darkside and Extreme Shooters aren't making their own grips, they're texturing factory grips.
I'd look into an extended magazine release like the 10-8 Performance part before investing in another grip.

Darkside and Extreme Shooters aren't making their own grips, they're texturing factory grips.
I'd look into an extended magazine release like the 10-8 Performance part before investing in another grip.
I thought they did. My mistake.

That makes more sense and was an additional option I was considering.

LukeNCMX

I just recently purchased a Staccato C2 DPO T, and while I love the gun, the grip is a bit too big for me; I can't hit the mag release without shifting my grip or using my support hand to pull the gun into my dominant hand thumb. While that works, it's obviously not optimal, so I'd like to know your thoughts on any 2011 aftermarket grips that may exist on the market. (Currently I only know of Darkside Precision and Extreme Shooters, but obviously as the years go by more options could appear.) If you use aftermarket grips that include grip reductions, what is your preferred option and why?

Pic because why not.
Please forgive me if you've already considered this but maybe someone else reading this with a similar concern has not:

A grip size that is optimal for reloads is not necessarily optimal for the more important task of shooting precisely at speed. Some of the best pistol shooters in the world incorporate a flip or something similar into their reloads (a technique still capable of extreme speed). They put up with this because larger grips often lend themselves to much better recoil control and much easier trigger manipulation at speed, even with smaller hands. Lots of people prefer the subjective feel of smaller grips but, when measured objectively, shoot better with larger grips.

Recondo2117

Amateur
I used Extreme Shooters and had them do the maximum grip reduction on my P Duo and loved the way it turned out. They removed the maximum amount of material possible without compromising the frame integrity. Also, they can do this to your stock frame with the star on it. If you're anything like me, if I have parts (like an entire spare grip module) I will end up trying to build some form of franken gun. I didn't have a huge issue with hitting the mag release prior to getting the grip reduction done, but it was definitely easer after the fact. I wear medium/large gloves for reference. 20200924_212630.jpg

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I had Extreme Shooters do my C2. I didn't note a huge difference in size but I very much liked their full tactical stipple.
20201211_102940.jpg