What AR15 for under $1000?

North

Amateur
I'm looking to get an 11.5", fully built or just an upper. I was thinking to get a BCM lower and upper. My limit is $1300.

Would anyone recommend anything different? I'm all ears.

Thanks for droppin' knowledge

North

Amateur
I really want to get a hodge, but I don't want a 16" and after the altering cost and nfa charge, damn.

North

Amateur
@North, Have you looked into the offerings from Archer? They're closer to your price range and would save you the cost of cutting the barrel.

Special pricing going on too right now...

https://primaryandsecondary.com/for...fg-special-edition-p-s-rifle.1472/#post-10776

Ike

I don't know anything about Archer Mfg. the price online seems to be the same as the price mentioned to be the sale price on the link? Is it the BUIS / sling / and case that you are getting the deal on only?

I really cannot find any third party testing on their rifles. Look great though.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
I don't know anything about Archer Mfg. the price online seems to be the same as the price mentioned to be the sale price on the link? Is it the BUIS / sling / and case that you are getting the deal on only?

I really cannot find any third party testing on their rifles. Look great though.

In the link I posted, you're getting the BUIS, sling and case but also a Geisseile SSA.

the sights and trigger alone are worth over $350.

Bill is actually doing some testing on one of their rifles as we speak...

http://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/1499/

I don't have a dog in this fight at all or anything to gain by suggesting Archer. Just throwing out some options for you.

Ike

North

Amateur
In the link I posted, you're getting the BUIS, sling and case but also a Geisseile SSA.

the sights and trigger alone are worth over $350.

Bill is actually doing some testing on one of their rifles as we speak...

http://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/1499/

I don't have a dog in this fight at all or anything to gain by suggesting Archer. Just throwing out some options for you.

Ike

For sure. Thanks. I'm definitely interested. I am going to ask if they can do an 11.5 inch.

Oh and, got any 300U's in yet?

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
Sure thing man. Sionics may be another to look into if you want an SBR. It's a tad over your $1,300 limit but not by much.

I got a shipment of stuff in the other day. I think a few X300U-Bs were in there too.

Ike

North

Amateur
Well now I am just considering the Archer 9" pistol option in .300 blk

They don't offer an 11.5" and I never thought about going 10.3" with 5.56.

I haven't paid attention to .300 BLK since it was the Whisper round. Is it still hell of expensive?

Grizzly

Well now I am just considering the Archer 9" pistol option in .300 blk

They don't offer an 11.5" and I never thought about going 10.3" with 5.56.

I haven't paid attention to .300 BLK since it was the Whisper round. Is it still hell of expensive?
.50/round for plinking in 300 blk if you don't reload.

What is the primary use for the rifle/pistol? That might help define what direction to go.

North

Amateur
Home defense, hobby and maybe training courses. I have a 16" but over the years I realize I have always wanted a shorter rifle for practically everything I would ever use a carbine for.

No, I don't really want to take a class with a 9" sig brace. But is 10.3" 5.56 really a standard now? I'm so out of touch with carbine ballistics. I wouldn't mind suppressing my next rifle. Maybe .300 is the way to go. Just never thought I would like it.

North

Amateur
I'll shut up now. Getting away from the OP

Anyone considering $1000 for an AR could easily see this Archer deal as an awesome reason to spend a little more, But to stay under $1000, the BCM route seems to be the biggest bang for buck, right at $1000 typically considering which options you choose.