What adapters work with which can?

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
Surefire SOCOM Series cans will mount on both SOCOM series mounts and the old 212 flash hiders/brakes. On the 212 series they will not index and as such will not have the same return to zero as with a SOCOM mount.

There are no alternative brands offering mounts for SOCOM cans to the best of my knowledge.

Rick

Griffin Armament M4SD II will work with any A2 style bird cage and the Griffin M4SD II comps. That’s as far as I’ve experimented. Make sure not to use crusher washers, changed out my rail and shaved the gas block, new A2 got installed with crusher and was canting the can down when mounted.

Joe _K

Established
Griffin Armament M4SD II will work with any A2 style bird cage and the Griffin M4SD II comps. That’s as far as I’ve experimented. Make sure not to use crusher washers, changed out my rail and shaved the gas block, new A2 got installed with crusher and was canting the can down when mounted.

I have my old KAC NT4 USMC Manual laying around, I will attempt to scan/photograph and upload the recommended Armorer procedure for attaching a KAC modified A-2 Bird Cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoobe01

Established
Since I couldn't make sense of the YHM stuff, I'll post what they emailed me in the event it helps anyone else:

We have two different sizes of QD mounts for our 30 caliber suppressors.
For our full size 30 cal suppressors (YHM-3300 series) you can use any of the YHM-3302 series QD mounts.
The YHM-3300 series can also use any of the YHM-4302 series QD mounts.
Any of the other 30 cal suppressors, including the Nitro, can only use the YHM-4302 series QD mounts.
Any of the YHM 30 cal suppressors can be used on a 5.56 cal rifle because the 5.56 round is so much smaller.
YHM also makes it so that any of the 30 cal suppressors can mount on any of the 5.56 series QD mounts.
A 5.56 suppressor will not fit on a 30 cal series QD mount, however - as a safety precaution.

Vinsynd

Amateur
DeadAir KeyMo: DA Sandman Series
DeadAir KeyMo + KeyMo O Mount: DA Nomad, SiCo Omega, EA Vox
DeadAir KeyMo + KeyMo S Mount: SiCo Saker

Q Cherry Bomb: Q 762 Suppressors
Q Cherry Bomb + Plan B Omega: SiCo Omega, SiCo Hybrid, SiCo Harvester 338
Q Cherry Bomb + Plan B Saker: SiCo Saker, SiCo Chimera

Many suppressors are starting to come with a standardized 1.375x24 thread pitch, allowing them to be compatible with multiple different mounts. Griffin Armament Plan A, Q Plan B, Dead Air Keymo, YHM's QD Adapter, SiCo's Omega and ASR mount adapters, Energetic Armament's 1/2×28 and 5/8x24 direct thread adapters, all come in the same 1.375x24 thread pitch, allowing you to install them interchangeably and maintain compatibility of multiple brands of suppressors with whatever mounting interface you prefer.