Wearing Phlster Floodlight @ 3:00

jonny4523

I searched for this topic first, as surely it has been asked before, but couldn't find anything. So forgive me if this has already been discussed. But is anyone consistently wearing the Floodlight @ 3:00 on a daily basis? I'd like to add the X300 to my daily carry. I like that the Floodlight can use the Discreet Carry Concepts clips in lieu of the loops. Being able to install and uninstall the holster in a seated position in the car is essential for me in my daily routine. I'll also likely be using this holster for the Shooter Symposium in April. I think I have my selection narrowed down to either the Floodlight or the light-compatible Raptor.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I used it for a month this summer when I was in a street clothes role. It works.

jnc36rcpd

Are you guys rolling with the holster IWB or OWB? I purchased a Spotlight in the hope that I could carry a Glock 19 with a TLR-1 attached IWB, but that was definitely a bridge too far. I realize the TLR-1 is bigger than many other lights, but I had a couple available. Thanks and be safe.

ggammell

IWB with a 17/TLR1 HL. I really do not see how or why that holster should be carried OWB.

Clay1

IWB with a 17/TLR1 HL. I really do not see how or why that holster should be carried OWB.

If you're like me and want to carry the gun with a full size light AIWB, but are hedging your bets just in case you can't pull it off. You might want to know if the holster can be carried strong side as a fallback position.

I've been attempting to carry a comped G19.5 with Surefire X300U in a Tenicor Malus Sol for a few weeks now. I still can't tie my shoes worth a damn, but did do a couple of hours in the car with it and have wore it all day many times. I was wondering the same thing about this holster, if I can't get it to work AIWB, can I make it work strong side. One thing to note: The Discrete carry clips on my holsters would be a real PITA trying to get them on one handed on a strong side position. When they are AIWB, I use two hands to open the clips at the same time to get them on the belt.

I think that I will give in one of these days and just carry the Tenicor Sagax Lux with a Streamlight TLR7a AIWB. Just need to have the second 19.5 milled, for the second rm06. Didn't want to send the slide off in the holiday season. Thought there was a higher chance of getting the package lost in the holidays than after the new year.

ggammell

If you're like me and want to carry the gun with a full size light AIWB, but are hedging your bets just in case you can't pull it off. You might want to know if the holster can be carried strong side as a fallback position.

Strong side IWB is perfectly fine as a carry method. This holster is not an OWB holster.

Clay1

I must have read that too quickly; absolutely agree, this is not an OWB holster. IWB, it could make it as a backup plan if AIWB doesn't work for him and his choice of gun set up.

jnc36rcpd

Life was simpler when we all carried four-inch barrel Smith and Wesson revolvers or (gasp) Ruger four inch barrel revolvers. Pretty much any holster at the cop shop fit what one was issued. Of course, my first agency, for reasons unknown, except perhaps an attempt to replicate the Royal Canadian Mounted Police of the era, issued a five inch barrel Smith or Colt. OK, enough of that...
To be clear, the Phlster Floodlight would be an appropriate holster to carry IWB behind the strongside hip with a Streamlight IWB attached?

ggammell

I think that could work. It’s got a some width to it so body style might determine it for the individual user.

Clay1

Thanks, brother. I'm a XXL so hopefully it would work.
If you do end up with the Discrete Carry clips on this holster, let me know how those clips work for you on your strongside. I think that they are a great, secure option, they are also a little pita to put on quickly.

Other holsters I have, go on and off so much more easily, BUT I know that these clips are more secure in real world adventures so I put up with the PITA install. Maybe I just need to learn a different way to use them, but there really isn't a lot of good info on their webiste or on YT on the best way to use them.