Watches/timepieces/wrist top computers

Seth Thompson

Casio.jpg

Plain old Casio G-Shock, on a County Comm band. Like the Springfield in the picture, it's ridden a lot of miles with me, on the Job, and everywhere else, with no troubles and no drama.

I wouldn't mind having a Seiko SKX007 for "nice" occasions, though....

Beater watch is a G-Shock GWM5610. Shown here on a rainbow NATO strap, because I was trying to make it as obnoxious as possible:

hlk74mvl.jpg

I've since ditched the NATO adapter and put it on the stock band, but I've kept the bull bars. I got this model because it's a watch that I don't have to dick with at all, unlike my mechanicals: it sets itself off WWV, automatically handles Daylight Savings, charges via solar, etc.

Dress watch is either a Rolex Submariner or a Junghans Meister Driver depending on the occasion.

JLL2013

Big Omega Speedmaster fan. Go between that and the Garmin Tactix.

Attachments

• 20190204_070258-1.jpg
    20190204_070258-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Bawkbird

Amateur
Suunto Traverse here. Do a lot of hiking/fishing and use the GPS feature a lot. That said, it is old technology compared to the new Garmin Fenix 6 and Suunto 9. The Garmin I think edges out the Suunto imho if you are looking for GPS watches.

Delcorbett

Rhodium OP39, my all occasions, all places watch.

Attachments

• 9F643AF3-089C-4281-9DBB-C1EEF4DD115F.jpeg
    9F643AF3-089C-4281-9DBB-C1EEF4DD115F.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 15

WAVandal

I have a G-Shock bought new in 2014, which replaced a 2005 purchased G-Shock. It lives in the nightstand as a spare.

Since I'm pretty integrated into the Apple universe, I have an Apple Watch. I wear it on patrol each day for my 12 hour shifts and at the gym.
I do need to get something better for the dressy occasions when a beat on Apple Watch isn't appropriate.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
I wear a Garmin Fenix3 HR daily. It's convenient for a lot of things, being that it's connected to my phone, but it really shines when I take it on our backcountry fishing and hiking trips. Unfortunately, it's not been perfect. I often find the altimeter telling me I'm over 60,000 feet above sea level, when I'm only around 1,000. This causes issues with the other sensors as well. Sometimes the GPS tracking is off by a bit as well. I once did a 4-5 mile hike, and by the end it said I'd been 11 miles. This is pretty rare, but it does happen and is pretty annoying.

ecd3e398b9b151d6c844658911cfce6d.jpg

Upper right: Hamilton Khaki King
Lower right: Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80
Lower left: $90 Caravelle by Bulova that I bought when I was a broke college student and didn’t know anything about watches
Upper left: Casio G-shock model GW-2310

Much like guns, all these have different applications. The G-shock is my beater watch that I wear at work (blue collar job), the Hamilton is my dressier watch for weekends/going out with friends/going to church/going on dates, and the Tissot is my dedicated dress watch for when I’m wearing a suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 22F

jdgiii

Solar atomic G-Shock gets worn the most. My shiny watch is a Casio Duro MDV106 for when the mood strikes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidMS

Amateur
I have a Skagen Sundby for when I want to wear a dressier watch (I love how its very low profile) that I don't seem to wear much and a Seiko 5 that I seem to wear all the time. I like understated analog watches.

Reactions: 22F