Warbelt setups

Ryan St.Jean

Roland,

What kind of load is that fusible with and do you need to run suspenders? I thought about switching to a H150 and running Crye Smart pouches.

I don’t think there is a set answer for if you need suspenders with a given set up. Your frame (specifically belly and ass or lack therof) and the activities you plan to do plus how much pants movement/ shifting downwards your comfortable with all factor in.

For me I use suspenders more if I’m going to be in that stuff all day or am running a lot.

Low_Speed_Notper8or

I don’t think there is a set answer for if you need suspenders with a given set up. Your frame (specifically belly and ass or lack therof) and the activities you plan to do plus how much pants movement/ shifting downwards your comfortable with all factor in.

For me I use suspenders more if I’m going to be in that stuff all day or am running a lot.

Also depends on how much weight you have on the belt and I second it depends on what your doing

If your running your pistol and a reload or two on the beltlike for a ultralight competition rig your just gonna walk around with and shoot a few stages with it or something

You got 3x rifle and pistol magazines, a IFAK, water, maybe a butt pack and its a large padded belt and your walking around all day? Yeah go with the suspenders. The nice thing is the suspenders don't just take the weight off your hips, but it keeps it distributed and keeps your belt from sagging one way or another

Also suspenders are nice because you can unclip the belt and let it hang, where if you have a bunch of weight on your belt and have it cinched up without suspenders it can get a bit uncomfortable especially with an unpadded belt.

Ryan St.Jean

Also depends on how much weight you have on the belt and I second it depends on what your doing

If your running your pistol and a reload or two on the beltlike for a ultralight competition rig your just gonna walk around with and shoot a few stages with it or something

You got 3x rifle and pistol magazines, a IFAK, water, maybe a butt pack and its a large padded belt and your walking around all day? Yeah go with the suspenders. The nice thing is the suspenders don't just take the weight off your hips, but it keeps it distributed and keeps your belt from sagging one way or another

Also suspenders are nice because you can unclip the belt and let it hang, where if you have a bunch of weight on your belt and have it cinched up without suspenders it can get a bit uncomfortable especially with an unpadded belt.

The reason I specifically mentioned individual variables is that even with a set load out Person A might be fine with just the belt and Person B might benefit from suspenders. Of course I agree the load is also a variable. Folks using these type of belts as a newer more comfortable version of the old school alice who have several reloads, a water bottle or two and couple of admin pouches are going to almost always use suspenders.

Like you said being able to unhook the belt is a benefit of suspenders. I have a set of VTAC suspenders I will use my belt setup. They are handy that I can unclip the belt and adjust this or that (still figuring the setup out) without taking it off and laying it on the ground.

My "warbelt" on a daily basis is my duty belt. I'm a patrol officer, so it reflects my duties.
Glock 21 w/X300 in a Safariland LVL 3 ALS
2 Mags
2 Cuffs
Taser X2
Esee Izula II
OC
Koga Baton
TQ
e0XHrkk.jpg

Now, my play belt is setup a little differently, but still similar. I wanted something that felt like my duty belt, but much better quality. I settled with the Ronin Tactics Shuto.

Ronin Tactics Shuto
Safariland Mid Ride w/QLS
T Rex Arms Holster w/QLS and strap
Esstac 2x1 Gap
Esstac low ride AR pouch
T3 TQ Pouch

tuHPryX.jpg

x4wRUki.jpg

PBGrB0f.jpg

Ryan St.Jean

501scout- with a good belt you can load up the belt pretty good, I have a small SSE bag (THAT I NEVER USE), 5 flashbangs, 1 frag, pistol holster, charge bag on a belt hanger, handcuffs in a pouch, and a tomohawk. I will run suspenders sometimes but not always. I have also worn my blow out kit on my belt if my plates are slick. I run London Bridge trading riggers belt or Arcteryx H150.

Chad, you are a cop. Simply put your gear does not need to be as light as mine. That doesn't mean that you should have so much bulky shit that your belt kit catches on a fence that you are vaulting whilst chasing a low information voter who's only kit issues are their pants sagging around their ass.

I on the other hand routinely go places without a pistol reload because I can't afford the weight. I have won gun fights with less than three rounds remaining in my last functioning firearm and no reloads on my person. I work in areas where brutal choices must be made about weight reduction. In those places, a rigid duty or padded molle rig are ounces of weight that I simply don't have capacity for.

Weight is a major concern but you are carring a tomahawk? Why is a tomahawk making the cut and what brand/ model?

I don’t mean to come off as abrasive or anything. You seem like a smart and experienced guy. That you are saying a bunch of stuff I totally get and one thing that I am not makes me think I’m missing something. Hence the question.

Thanks in advance

Not Roland but I imagine he carried one for the same reasons I keep one around, emergency breaching tool. A good hawk can do a lot of work for its size and weight, much lighter then bolt cutters or a Halligan.

OnkelAlfa

Good day. This is my first post on this fine forum, tho I've been lurking for some time. Ive used the following setup for 2 years and wanted to share it. Mostly i share it to get feedback, but also to give something back to others that may get inspiration as I myself have here.

Id like to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, and many others on this forum.

This setup is used for LE in the northern part of Europe. My background before LE is 8 years in the army with multiple deployments to Iraq/Afghanistan/etc.

Setup:

Direct Action (DA):
Mosquito Modular Belt Sleve
- Mosquito Hip panel L (Safariland ALS/SLS holstered)
- Mosquito Hip panel S ( TT M4 mag pouch, DA Universal radio pouch)
Mustang inner Belt
Mustang Rescue / Gun belt (going through the sleve)

On it is mounted various pouches. Some of them issued, some of them not. There is the NAR TQ pouch, DA 40 mm grenade pouch (used for my peberspray) and the DA pistol mag pouch (tho I have just today replaced it with a new one, issued), 5.11 drop pouch and so forth.

The great thing about the Mosquito sleeve is that the gun belt going through the sleve can be pulled outside the sleeve, for just 1 MOLLE pals, and then be tugged back under the molle again. It lets me use fx issued baton pouch etc. that really fits the issued baton well. Our issued pouched is all made for tugging on a belt, it´s only very recently we can start to order stuff made for molle attachment.

Besides that i could just place the Safariland holster on the actual gun belt, if i didn't want to use the L Hip panel. On each side (where gun holster is placed for either left/right hand) there is access under the molle to the actual gun belt.

Kind regards

PS. We are not allowed to carry more than 1 spare pistol mag.

Attachments

• IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4769.JPG
    IMG_4769.JPG
    964.7 KB · Views: 213

locke1117

I figured me being new I'd post something, and since I love war belt setups this seemed like as good a place as any.
My war belt/battle belt is:
Ronin Tactics Shuto Belt
4 HSGI pistol tacos
2 pistol mags
Leatherman wave+
Stream light Protac 2L-X
2 HSGI rifle tacos
ATS dump pouch
Coyote tactical solution Burrito med pouch
Esee 4
Safariland

HawkCop

1e7f9a86631220e3cdbfc72b6d882ed6.jpg

My new battle belt set up:

Blue Alpha Gear 1.75 mollie belt
Safariland 6354DO ALS Holster with DFA drop leg.
Eleven 10 MBOK medical kit.
Esstac KWYI double pistol/Single Rifle pouch.
T-RexArms Dump pouch.
T-RexArms tourniquet holder.
Benchmade CBK push blade. (Hidden behind magazines)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Can anyone with hands on both the Blue Alpha molle belt and the Ronin molle belt compare belt stiffness? I know Ronin is pretty stout and you can’t crush it. Wondering about the Blue Alpha.

Ronin TF belt, Esstac double Kywi, 556 Kywi, T.Rex Arms dump pouch, T.Rex Arms Med1, Safariland ALS 6354 DO. So far it's my favorite setup20200302_145829.jpg

Fatboy

Established
Here's my current social work set up. Blue alpha belt, kywi pistol and rifle, Direct action dump for various items as needed, handcuff taco, med kit, handcuff taco, 6390 ALS holster on a low ride shank with leg strap and TQ mounted on the strap. Also included is the zak tool key hanger that I hang my pro mask from.

Attachments

• 20200222_171216~2.jpg
    20200222_171216~2.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 116

Chris Sizelove

Staff member
Not many of these in the wild yet, but that will be changing soon I suspect. This is the new Blue Force Gear Molle Minus belt. This version was designed for the specific purpose of aircraft operations, thus the load bearing attachment points at the 11' and the 6' for tethers. There will be an non load bearing version in the future without the tether attachments which will free up those spaces for additional pouches. I've been running this for the last 3 months almost daily and so far it's been super comfy, and I like the fact that I can wear the inner belt portion as an EDC belt with my EDC holster and just take the AIWB off and throw this on with no hassle. MMBelt 1.JPGMMBelt 1.JPGMMBelt3.JPG

Chris Sizelove

Staff member
The pistol mags are my speed pouch refills. I run my go to mag off my vest, so those behind the pistol are the backfill mags for that. The others are :Micro Trauma Kit Now, a custom dump pouch, a little GP pouch (batteries and optic tool and lube...etc..) and a MARCO dangler. Its pretty minimalist but these days i'm not the lead element going into Ramadi....

Hope that helps.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
The pistol mags are my speed pouch refills. I run my go to mag off my vest, so those behind the pistol are the backfill mags for that. The others are :Micro Trauma Kit Now, a custom dump pouch, a little GP pouch (batteries and optic tool and lube...etc..) and a MARCO dangler. Its pretty minimalist but these days i'm not the lead element going into Ramadi....

Hope that helps.

Legit. Thanks for explaining.

Afgixxer

Any criticism or advice would be appreciated.
c5659f42e141a16e4c91eaf9858820da.jpg

I put the belt buckle towards my right belt loop because that’s how I wear my appendix belt to make room for the holster, so I wanted to keep stuff the same.

•Blue Alpha Gear Molle
•Soileater BMTH
•glove holder
•Esstac Pouches singles
•Blue Force Gear dump pouch
• Blue force Gear Micro trauma kit
•Safariland 6354DO

I would like to mount this knife somehow on my belt preferably behind the mags like I’ve seen some guys do. I actually bought it for that reason exactly since it’s so thin and light weight. I’ve seen a SF guys like Tu Lam and Mike Glover run their knife on their back for their primary hand draw, but I’m not sure of the reasoning behind it.
b7f4319e50112c304ccff77f42d6ad02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk