Walther PDP

gch01

There are some significant gaps in the fore/aft of the plate for the optic and the plate isn't super snug. The screws are tapered so I think that will create some better surface area to "squish" the plate down and they sit just flush with the top of the plate so the optic also holds it in place (along with the threadlocker and torque). I'm going to run it as is for a bit and see how it goes but I'd like to see a plate that is more snug and offers front and rear support to the optic.
I agree, the factory RMR plate isn't that great.

I ordered a Milspec plate from C&H for the Holosun 509T, hopefully that one fits more snugly. At least it looks like it supports the optic better than the factory RMR plate I've got.

YetiSam

Amateur
I couldn't wait on the factory plate and ordered a C&H RMR plate. It showed up today and I got a short range session in to get zeroed. It requires a bit more focus than a 2011 to shoot B8's at 25, but I really dig the trigger. I just happened to see they had a compact in stock at the local Bass Pro and kinda impulse bought it. Seems like a great pistol so far.

b8_zero.PNG

b8_group1.PNG

b8_group2.PNG

WAVandal

Am I getting this right, C&H makes the OEM plates for the PDP but they also make a second set of C&H branded plates that may be of better fit?

I picked my 2 PDPs up on Friday and they've been sitting at home. Ordered my plates late Friday night and Walther is quoting 5-10 days for delivery. May get a C&H branded plate too just to compare them.

gch01

Am I getting this right, C&H makes the OEM plates for the PDP but they also make a second set of C&H branded plates that may be of better fit?

I picked my 2 PDPs up on Friday and they've been sitting at home. Ordered my plates late Friday night and Walther is quoting 5-10 days for delivery. May get a C&H branded plate too just to compare them.
Yep, pretty much.

C&H calls their branded plates "milspec" and they include better optics retention features.

gch01

Here is my PDP with a C&H "milspec" plate and 509T. The C&H plate is much nicer than the factory Walther plate (also made by C&H). The 509T is very tight against the front and rear of the pocket, which is great.

pdp_509t-1861463.jpg

YetiSam

Amateur
I did the plate request on 2/27 on the web page. Factory plate showed up today 3/15. C&H plate definitely feels more robust. I'm glad I was impatient and went straight to C&H, but I have no data to back that up.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
I'd also love to see a sight picture pic through the 509T. I'm looking for some irons to cowitness, but want them as low as possible.

WAVandal

I put these in my thread about the PDP in the main Handguns forum, but wanted to add the same photos here. The C&H has a lip for added security on their "mil-spec" plate, the Walther does not. Thickness is very close, but I don't have a micrometer to actually measure. The Walther plate feels slightly thicker.

C&H Plate on the left, Walther plate on the right.
Plates 1.jpeg

Walther plate with RMR Type 2 mounted to spec.
Plates 2.jpeg

C&H plate with RMR Type 2 mounted to spec.
Plates 3.jpeg

SamR

I have a compact on the way. Whats everyone running for holsters? I’ve been hoping the Philster Pro drops soon. Other than the dark star Orion, none of the already released options seem great.

WAVandal

I have a compact on the way. Whats everyone running for holsters? I’ve been hoping the Philster Pro drops soon. Other than the dark star Orion, none of the already released options seem great.
I'm in the same pickle. I'd love a Phlster Pro or even better for me, a JMCK AIWB 2.5 to run with my TLR7A.

Still waiting on Safariland to drop a 7360 RDS or 6360 RDS too....

HCrum87hc

Amateur
I'm in the same pickle. I'd love a Phlster Pro or even better for me, a JMCK AIWB 2.5 to run with my TLR7A.

Still waiting on Safariland to drop a 7360 RDS or 6360 RDS too....

Reach out to JMCK. I wanted a AIWB 2.5 for my PPQ with a TLR7A. They didn't offer it, but I sent them an email to see if it was an option. They ordered a mold for me for free and had me order the AIWB 2.5 and put what I wanted in the notes. They hooked me up with exactly what I wanted at no additional cost. Good folks!