Walther PDP

WAVandal

I was able to handle a full size and a compact today, bought them both for $599 each. I've had and still have multiple Glocks, Sigs (P229 and P320s), and played with a lot of VP9s but never bought the HK. The grip on the PDP is better. The trigger is better. The controls are better and the RDS integration is better. I'm hoping they can deliver the RDS plates to the buyers as advertised, if Walther screws that up they will kill the release and a lot of future sales. I see this as the first decent upgrade in defensive handguns in a while.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I was able to handle a full size and a compact today, bought them both for $599 each. I've had and still have multiple Glocks, Sigs (P229 and P320s), and played with a lot of VP9s but never bought the HK. The grip on the PDP is better. The trigger is better. The controls are better and the RDS integration is better. I'm hoping they can deliver the RDS plates to the buyers as advertised, if Walther screws that up they will kill the release and a lot of future sales. I see this as the first decent upgrade in defensive handguns in a while.

The C&H plates really prove to be a compliment to the already low rds depth in the slide.

WAVandal

The C&H plates really prove to be a compliment to the already low rds depth in the slide.
They are making the OEM plates too, correct? I have 4 of their plates on Glocks right now with no complaints. Since WA sucks am I'm waiting on my background to come back, I may order the plates from Walther while I wait.

HCrum87hc

Amateur
Well, I snagged a full size, but it won't be in until Friday. I'm really looking forward to putting it through the paces, and I'm extremely intrigued to try that grip texture. I love my PPQs, but the first thing I did on both of them (well, after sights) is have them stippled. The factory texturing on the PPQ leaves much to be desired once your hands get sweaty/wet/bloody/etc.

I'm also excited to try this new trigger. The PPQ trigger is about as good as I thought striker fired guns could get out of the box, but it sounds like the PDP is even better.

aci07

YouTube video dropped with Landfair shooting it- it says 11hrs ago.

Anyway I pre-ordered one at my dealer. They sold something like 30 of them in like 24hrs. I was 12hrs too late.

Regardless hopefully this will keep me happy and distracted away from dropping more $$$ on something like the staccato P.

Derek Cox

Amateur

Anyway I pre-ordered one at my dealer. They sold something like 30 of them in like 24hrs. I was 12hrs too late.

Regardless hopefully this will keep me happy and distracted away from dropping more $$$ on something like the staccato P.

I feel that last part maybe in 2022 I can swing the Staccato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator

I gotta find this

One thing that would excite me even more would be to hear that they’d also been working on one of these in a single stack version about the size of a Glock 43x.

I imagine something similar to that will come out at a later date, but ya know what I mean...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
One thing that would excite me even more would be to hear that they’d also been working on one of these in a single stack version about the size of a Glock 43x.

I imagine something similar to that will come out at a later date, but ya know what I mean...

I’d say it’s a safe bet they’ve already got a P365/43X/48 competitor in the pipeline (based on no inside knowledge, just a personal assumption). Those seem to be the hot ticket for all the major duty pistol manufacturers right now and Walther has certainly taken notice of what consumers are looking for in their next pistol purchase, as evidenced by all the features on the PDPs

gch01

Anyone have news on when the expanded lineup of CHPWS optics plates will be available for purchase? As far as I can tell, the Walther online store has been closed since the PDP launched.

WAVandal

Anyone have news on when the expanded lineup of CHPWS optics plates will be available for purchase? As far as I can tell, the Walther online store has been closed since the PDP launched.
This is the link to the Walther Optic Plate Request Form.

CHPWS seems a little over-busy right now trying to keep up with normal demand and then this on top of it.. I haven't seen Sig plates for the X-series or M17/18 guns in stock in a long time now. They went from being a company almost no one heard of outside of long distance rifles to the big name in optics plates damn near overnight plus offering a milling service. I wouldn't expect to see them for at least a few months in reality. Rumors are there won't be Safariland duty holster availability until Q2, plus Safariland's current 2-3 month lead time for anything you order. Order in April, see it in June or July.

kcuv

always had a soft spot for Walthers and fall in love with some of the styling - always end up buying Glocks. this one is the most intriguing in a while from them for me - very interesting

My factory RMR/Holosun plate arrived today. Ordered Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the fore and aft fit of that plate, any wiggle room at all? The (surprising) lack of slide-to-plate lugs of any kind is concerning, but if it is a press-fit that would alleviate some concerns.

Derek Cox

Amateur
There are some significant gaps in the fore/aft of the plate for the optic and the plate isn't super snug. The screws are tapered so I think that will create some better surface area to "squish" the plate down and they sit just flush with the top of the plate so the optic also holds it in place (along with the threadlocker and torque). I'm going to run it as is for a bit and see how it goes but I'd like to see a plate that is more snug and offers front and rear support to the optic.