Walther PDP

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
You have not acknowleged a single issue with the PDP, nor publicly acknowleged Safariland dragging their ass. With what appears to be your intent with P&S, you should have put pressure towards speedy solutions.

Notice how you are currently responding faster to being called out, than the actual issues at hand.

Here's a picture of you with a Safariland rep that you claim to not know.
View attachment 9876
You seem to have an incorrect impression of how any of this works.

I havent had any issues with the PDPs that I have.

Publicly acknowledge Safariland being slow? What do you think should be happening?

im responding because I saw the recent reply.

I have never met prior nor do I know the Safariland rep on the podcast. Yeah he was on, doesn't mean I know him. I sure haven't kept up since 2021.

Seems you just want to be irrationally angry.

Jdexter

Staff member
You have not acknowleged a single issue with the PDP, nor publicly acknowleged Safariland dragging their ass. With what appears to be your intent with P&S, you should have put pressure towards speedy solutions.

Notice how you are currently responding faster to being called out, than the actual issues at hand.

Here's a picture of you with a Safariland rep that you claim to not know.
View attachment 9876
So you think that P&S could leverage Safariland into making the holster faster and that Walther didn’t try that and it was a giant conspiracy against you? Also show me actual instances of the 1.0 plating failures and it can’t be a YouTube video from a homegrown engineer who speculates a problem in which there were already guns way above the round count they were guaranteed to fail at. I’ll wait. Just kidding no I won’t because it ain’t coming. Another example of someone who wants to speak but doesn’t have much to say than repeating stuff they heard other places from people who heard other places who watched a video a guy made with no knowledge to get some views.

22F

Staff member
Why is this holsters release not mentioned on any P&S related media (FB, ig, forum, youtube (searching "PDP" on the P&S Subreddit yields 0 reults) ) Especially considering how this series of holsters is considered the gold standard, and how it was expected on launch because of P&S having a Safari rep on the launch podcast.

Many people bought the PDP with the anticipation of this being available at launch because of trusting the modcast.
With the optic plate gaps, issues, mags not being available at launch, out of battery on contact issues being ignored, the one holster people wanted not being available for 3 YEARS, I'm wondering why I should even care what comes out through official P&S channels if what gets promoted is presented through rose tinted glasses, free Viktos shirts and writers events with free ammo, while the everyman can't even get mags or holsters.

The PDP is an interesting and usable gun, but so far it seems the only t-zone neutralized by this gun, is P&S' reputation.
I’ve just woken up from a lovely sleep-in on a hot autumn Saturday morning here Down Under.

I am… struggling… to understand how P&S has any real influence in the issues you raise?
Could you please explain further?

Carl Volt

So you think that P&S could leverage Safariland into making the holster faster and that Walther didn’t try that and it was a giant conspiracy against you? Also show me actual instances of the 1.0 plating failures and it can’t be a YouTube video from a homegrown engineer who speculates a problem in which there were already guns way above the round count they were guaranteed to fail at. I’ll wait. Just kidding no I won’t because it ain’t coming. Another example of someone who wants to speak but doesn’t have much to say than repeating stuff they heard other places from people who heard other places who watched a video a guy made with no knowledge to get some views.
Here's a video of an optic cut failing to be able to even mount an optic at all:

Carl Volt

I’ve just woken up from a lovely sleep-in on a hot autumn Saturday morning here Down Under.

I am… struggling… to understand how P&S has any real influence in the issues you raise?
Could you please explain further?

I thought the whole point of this community was to gather data, experience and make equipment, training and information better. Not to be Walther's Ministry of Truth

Sourdough

You seem to have an incorrect impression of how any of this works.

I havent had any issues with the PDPs that I have.

Publicly acknowledge Safariland being slow? What do you think should be happening?

im responding because I saw the recent reply.

I have never met prior nor do I know the Safariland rep on the podcast. Yeah he was on, doesn't mean I know him. I sure haven't kept up since 2021.

Seems you just want to be irrationally angry.
Not sure if it was previously mentioned, did you ever see the video Ben Stoeger (I wanna say it was him) did on the trigger reset issue? Basically goes along the lines of the whole "if you jam your semi auto into an attacker on top of you it goes out of battery," thing, but apparently with the PDP when it goes back into battery the trigger is dead and you'll have to immediate action that MF.

Personally if its something people are comfortable with, more power to em, I don't see it as a big issue, its pretty niche. I got into the striker fired pistols before the PDP existed so I've never personally even fired one.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if it was previously mentioned, did you ever see the video Ben Stoeger (I wanna say it was him) did on the trigger reset issue? Basically goes along the lines of the whole "if you jam your semi auto into an attacker on top of you it goes out of battery," thing, but apparently with the PDP when it goes back into battery the trigger is dead and you'll have to immediate action that MF.

Personally if its something people are comfortable with, more power to em, I don't see it as a big issue, its pretty niche. I got into the striker fired pistols before the PDP existed so I've never personally even fired one.
I've heard of it and ultimately figured out how to induce that issue with my early PDPs. I personally was not concerned with that potential problem on my end. I do know the v2 PDPs resolved that issue.

Sourdough

I've heard of it and ultimately figured out how to induce that issue with my early PDPs. I personally was not concerned with that potential problem on my end. I do know the v2 PDPs resolved that issue.
good to know they fixed it, and it seemed like kind of an unrealistic problem anyway.

22F

Staff member
I thought the whole point of this community was to gather data, experience and make equipment, training and information better. Not to be Walther's Ministry of Truth
Again… you are failing to explain how P&S has influence into the industry.

I can’t help but think by this interaction and your statements that you have very little idea how things in the manufacturing world actually works.

Because right now, all I’m seeing from you is a repetition of key phrases that really mean nothing.

We’ve just had some fascinating clarification on the trigger reset issues with this pistol upthread.

I’m struggling to understand how this is working in your head right now.