Walther CCP/Shield Sized weapon light

Low_Speed_Notper8or

On the review and experience of Karl Kasarda from Inrange I got myself a walther CCP as a carry gun to replace the surplus makarov I have had since I was in college. I like the size and ergos of the gun and bought one used from a guy who put 200 rounds through it no problem and had it recalled(I know there was some lemons but this seems like a decent sample and I will test it myself before I carry it)

I listened to the P&S pistol lights modcast on my commute into and back from work and I have "Seen the light" on pistol lights. This is a piece that is going to be either on me or in my car at all times and also will serve as a "nightstand gun" when I travel, so Im looking for a light that has a decent amount of lumens, but is still small enough to not inhibit the carry-ability of the gun. I know a tall order

The only thing I have seen that seems to be the proper form factor would be a Vridian CTL, but that tops out at like 120 lumens. The Streamlight Compact is a bit long and seems more for a g19 sized gun, and Im interested in hooking into a Streamlight TLR-7 when it comes out if I can get it under $200, but I strongly doubt it can be had cheaply.

So im just curious, is there anything I am missing in terms of Compact lights?

Shield and other single stack guys what do you use on your little 9mms of a similar size?

Also any recommendations to do anything different for carry ammo with a 3.5inch barrel versus a service length 9mm barrel?

spinmove_

I just listened to the same Modcast. The message I got out of that whole thing was that, regardless of weapon light, you should be carrying a powerful handheld at all times.

That said, lights for smaller carry pistols? It sounded like something that fits the bill at this point in time ultimately wouldn’t be advantageous due to lack of light output and/or switch activation and/or overall durability.

You’d probably be better served either getting much better shooting one handed with your CCP and light or carrying a larger pistol with a more powerful light.

Either way, more training will be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMurphy

Shield is my Rule 1 gun. When it's my primary i have an old E2D, a G2 etc handy until i can upgrade. At work, x300U on my primary pistol and a 500l Fury on my rifle plus a 600 L Streamligh utility light on the belt....and a G2 in the bag...